website statistics

Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

that was really sad. :( I'm not going to write more about this because it won't be nice at all. I learned more about how things works in some western media after this story (not that I didn't know but that was a new low) mission accomplished they managed to destroy that 15 years old criminal monster.

I hope she comes back, I wish she comes back stronger but I doubt it. :( this will be really hard for her. she probably needs a very long break to recover (if she ever does) I genuinely wish her the best of luck for the rest of her life and her career (if there is a career left)

It's weird to blame the media and not the adults in her entourage who decide to give her banned drugs.

The media definitely shares some fault for turning a child abuse case into a "she's a dirty cheater" case. The entourage is obviously worse for not only abusing her by giving her a cocktail of drugs, but essentially making her still compete knowing full well the media would attack her all in the thirst for a medal.

23 minutes ago, NearPup said:

It's weird to blame the media and not the adults in her entourage who decide to give her banned drugs.

not weird than people in certain places want her dead and buried already in an ongoing investigation. what about innocent until proven guilty? or that phrase applies only when we like it. (and that certainly doesn't apply to a Russian, because they are animals, right? that's how certain western media see people in other countries)

if one day she finds guilty. then that's the time to punish the adults who are responsible for this. no matter what a 15 years old can never be responsible herself for such a thing.

The gold and silver medals... Ugh. It's a slap on the face.

This "team" (since we can't even refer to it as nation as it was forbidden to compete under its own flag and anthem) has a girl accused of being doped (even if it's not her fault, someone is to blame). They should be banned at least from this event if proof emerges that the girl was doped. And the silver medalist was angry, spoiled, completely out of herself. She lacked composure, finesse and fair play. Absolutely nothing looks right and I don't understand how anything positive can be said about this whole situation. It's a bad thing that only gets worse and worse.

Seriously, what a mess. A mess for the IOC, for the Winter Olympics and one more scandal in figure skating. This only adds fuel to my dislike for the Winter Olympics and, especially, for this sport.