website statistics

Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I know nothing about figure skating, it's the first routine i ever watched, but on twitter japanese fans crying that he was overscored

Yuzuru Hanyu's hardcore fans in particular are downright creepy. It's no wonder he has no presence on social media and tweets like this are to be expected. :p

Nathan was overscored in the PCS. But when you give 94 to Kagiyama, then 97 for Nathan seems fair. It's just how the system works.

#banbestmen

21 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I know nothing about figure skating, it's the first routine i ever watched, but on twitter japanese fans crying that he was overscored

Overscored or not, basically Nathan's gap is too big for anyone to chase at that moment. But well they just always bringing the same narrative that judges always overscore Nathan while underscoring Yuzuru

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Score doesn't really matter in this instance, Chen was far enough ahead that any panel of judges on the planet would have given it to him.

I see that Russia is still doing Russia things (sadly nothing surprising). Doping children is GDR level shit. The solution to deal with their nonsense is obvious, but IOC is corrupt, so obviously nothing will happen. Crazy how desperate for recognition you have to be to go this far. I guess when your economy and science are shit you have nothing else than sport and war to feel important.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I see that Russia is still doing Russia things (sadly nothing surprising). Doping children is GDR level shit. The solution to deal with their nonsense is obvious, but IOC is corrupt, so obviously nothing will happen. Crazy how desperate for recognition you have to be to go this far. I guess when your economy and science are shit you have nothing else than sport and war to feel important.

CAS as well. I actually wonder if this has already gone to CAS for them to decide. 

Apparently she tested positive for trimetazidine though...that would suggest that Russians are continuing to treat their athletes for "heart problems" as usual...what is the need for 15 years old youngsters without any medical exemption  to be administered these drugs and why in othr countries they do not have this many heart problems is of course a mystery.

7 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Apparently she tested positive for trimetazidine though...that would suggest that Russians are continuing to treat their athletes for "heart problems" as usual...what is the need for 15 years old youngsters without any medical exemption  to be administered these drugs and why in othr countries they do not have this many heart problems is of course a mystery.

Why is Trimetazidine not a performance enhancing substance but still banned? It’s a bit odd that something like is not classed as performing enhancing if it needs to be banned.

13 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Why is Trimetazidine not a performance enhancing substance but still banned? It’s a bit odd that something like is not classed as performing enhancing if it needs to be banned.

Because it's classified as a stimulant (diuretic) which can cover up other banned drugs (steroids).