website statistics

Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

42 minutes ago, NearPup said:

If I were Malinin I'd start asking myself if I wouldn't rather skate for Uzbekistan tbh...

Good point, but he'll likely go to Worlds this year and 4Cs, if he wants to.  Plus, he's now the favorite for the US title, if not next year, certainly before 2026.

On 1/9/2022 at 9:12 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Brown is more established, but leaving Malinin off the team after that performance is certainly questionable. They represent two very different styles, Malinin is more of spinning top, while Brown is more technically proficient/maturely choreographed skater. In my opinion, Brown is more representative of the past generation of figure skating, while Malinin is more representative of the present/future generation of figure skating.

I love Brown, but this selection doesn't make a lot of sense. However, I thought Zhou had a worse day than him, and he's selected anyway. Either way, Malinin should be on the team.

11 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

:CHN  finished the trials and publish the team list today without surprise person.

Men: Jin Boyang

Women: Zhu Yi (Beverly Zhu)

Pairs: Sui Wenjing/Han Cong, Peng Cheng/Jin Yang

Ice Dance: Wang Shiyue/Liu Xinyu

Any news about the M Hockey team roster ? It is like some "hidden embargo" for journalists, impossible to find a single mention about the eligible players and their status :d

4 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Any news about the M Hockey team roster ? It is like some "hidden embargo" for journalists, impossible to find a single mention about the eligible players and their status :d

Not much. No ordinary Chinese fans care about Men's Ice Hockey team's status and almost no medias following them. What I only know is that the captain is Brandon Yip and he said the matches are to inspire next generation and to attract more youngsters involved into this sport.

:ITA Italy

• Daniel Grassl, men's single
  • Matteo Rizzo, men's single
  • Lara Naki Gutmann, women's single (Team Event only, unless she gets a reallocation spot)
  • Charlene Guignard & Marco Fabbri, ice dance
  • Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise, pairs
  • Rebecca Ghilardi & Filippo Ambrosini, pairs

:SWE actually selected Josefin! No way. https://www.instagram.com/p/CY39IzBIhbY/

Apparently there is no age limit on the 'future criteria' as long as it's your first Olympics. https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/26-arig-konstakare-os-uttagen-som-framtidsnamn-inget-alderskrav

28 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

:SWE actually selected Josefin! No way. https://www.instagram.com/p/CY39IzBIhbY/

Apparently there is no age limit on the 'future criteria' as long as it's your first Olympics. https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/26-arig-konstakare-os-uttagen-som-framtidsnamn-inget-alderskrav

That's one way to get around the ageism issue.

From the 10 countries competing in the team event, :ROC ROC and :UKR Ukraine have yet to select their teams, teams of :CAN Canada, :CHN China, :ITA Italy, :JPN Japan and :USA USA have already been posted here.

These are the other three countries, taking part in the team event.

:CZE Czech Republic

Men

Michal Brezina

Women

Eliska Brezinova

Pairs

Jelizaveta Zukova(Elizaveta Zhuk)/Martin Bidar

Ice dance

Natalie Taschlerova/Filip Taschler

:GEO Georgia

Men

Moris Kvitelashvili