website statistics

Curling Mixed Doubles Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

I thought they would choose Morris/Homan because they both have the experience of going to the Olympics and Morris is of course half of the defending Olympic gold medalist team.  As others have said, any pick would have been controversial, and the reality is any one of the teams in the running could win gold.  I'm personally not sure if Homan is a BIG game performer, but we'll find out.  

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I thought they would choose Morris/Homan because they both have the experience of going to the Olympics and Morris is of course half of the defending Olympic gold medalist team.  As others have said, any pick would have been controversial, and the reality is any one of the teams in the running could win gold.  I'm personally not sure if Homan is a BIG game performer, but we'll find out.  

I am wary of Homan after her performance in 2018, but Morris seemed to bring out the best in Lawes in 2018 so I think relying on his experience is key here. I agree that they seem to have chosen the obvious route here - I was really looking forward to the trials a few weeks ago, its a shame they got cancelled but understandable. 

By knowing, having played against, or at least have met the majority of the competing players I hope I can be accurate in my prediction below:

1. Scotland

2. Sweden

3. Norway

4. Canada

5. USA

6. Switzerland

7. China

8. Czech Republic

9. Italy

10. Australia

But it is difficult. Any of the top 4 could win and in a good week, all teams could end up in the playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Good to hear.  Would hate for a country like Australia to have qualified for a team sport and not have them be able to compter