website statistics

Bobsleigh at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

And that was the last Olympic run for our flag-bearer Edson Bindilatti, his 5th Winter Games and now achieving the best result ever for the brazilian 4-man crew (20th). Probably the only noteworthy result from :BRA in Beijing alongside Nicole Silveira in Skeleton (13th).

Just now, orangeman said:

That was close, but Bronze for Canada!

Frustrating because you can out-pilot the Germans all day like Kripps did there, and still lose time.  

Crazy how delusional you are ...

Friedrich always has been considered a generational talent, he could probably beat a grandpa like Kripps racing in a salad bowl. It was the same after womens monobob when canadian fans thought that Humphries could seriously win gold in womens 2-man.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Nice of Germany to not sweep another podium and gift Canada a medal. Kripps should probably hand his medal over to the german officials who decided to give Hafer an older bob.

Too bad that Germany had clearly inferior material in 2014, otherwise Friedrich might have gone for 8 golds.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Crazy how delusional you are ...

Friedrich always has been considered a generational talent, he could probably beat a grandpa like Kripps racing in a salad bowl. It was the same after womens monobob when canadian fans thought that Humphries could seriously win gold in womens 2-man.

I know you mostly just troll, but to be clear I wasn't talking about Friedrich.  

But please go on.  

6 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I know you mostly just troll, but to be clear I wasn't talking about Friedrich.  

But please go on.  

You were talking about "the germans", so how was anyone supposed to read this as "not Friedrich"?

If you were talking about Hafer: He had a different bob. People who watched the race must have realized that he constantly lost time in the last part of the race even without hitting any walls and even in comparison to Kripps.

6 minutes ago, orangeman said:

That was close, but Bronze for Canada!

Frustrating because you can out-pilot the Germans all day like Kripps did there, and still lose time.  

I totally agree. Germans need to make at least 10 mistakes in a run to not finish in the top 2. It has been the case of the entire sliding program. 

I don't think IOC / Organizing committee will pay and make same sleds for all in future. But that's the only way the sport can be saved .