website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Complete failure of the american team staff here, seriously how to mentally send your best athlete down even more and at the same time threw away your medal chance :bowdown:

Well, considering the comments of americans on twitter, obviously they didn't understand this event - like myself :p

2 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Obviously I'm not familiar with the sport, but that seems so stupid. So theoretically a team can have 2 DNF and still win?

I think you can have 4 DNF and still win.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, Ros said:

Probably the idea here is that Miki is so good to win on red and give a team big advantage but... 🤔

They were putting all their coins on winning on points, in which case Shiffrin on red is a good choice. But yeah.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yesh, Shiffrin on red lost to Bassino by 0,02! Most red losses for women were by at least 0,4 if not 0,7! Shiffrin would have smoked everyone on blue course most likely. USA will look back at this and realize how badly they blew this. DNF didn't mean jack shit here. Blue course winning times were the key. Radamus on blue course was fast enough to carry them but they put Moltzan on blue instead of Shiffrin.

she also lost by just 0.10 to Duerr. in the whole competition she was the only one who was close to win a race from the red course. nobody else was

Shiffrin will never forget this Olympics. even when she was doing great, someone else messed up her chance.

7 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think you can have 4 DNF and still win.

I mean that’s true in all parallel / cross formats. You can theoretically win a gold medal in snowboardcross without starting any of the rounds as long as you won qualifying and everyone else DNSs too.

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Also the french are not exactly happy (and I mean at all) with the "strategy" to put Worley on red during the quarter

Yee, but let say it was on the beginning of the competition and the trend with blue course was not so clear

1 minute ago, Ros said:

Yee, but let say it was on the beginning of the competition and the trend with blue course was not so clear

Well, by every run it started to be more than obvious, even the french commentators noticed it quite quickly too claiming as the main problem for the red course today the strong wind and its direction at the top part, you could clearly see skiers on red course starting to lose already on the top part, they were really unpleasantly surprised to see Worley seeded to the red track to say the least :p

Mixed Team Parallel
Final Results

:AUT Austria
Katharina Huber
Katharina Liensberger
Katharina Truppe
Stefan Brennsteiner
Michael Matt
Johannes Strolz

:GER Germany
Emma Aicher
Lena Duerr