website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

Just now, Ted said:

Yayyyyy! Yet another correct prediction 4 me. Hand me the prize now.:hyper:

Hahaaa. Congrats Slovakia (& Austria and Switzerland). So happy for all three medalists.:hyper: So sorry for Lena, Sara, Andreja and Michelle though...:( But I'm sure they'll get plenty of chances to win medals in the near future, especially the younger ones. And oc Sara and Michelle are already Olympic gold medalists.

1 minute ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Ah my bad, haven't watched too much alpine skiing in my lifetime

Generally in most sports you can say that choking is only the case when someone is giving away something big in a kind of stupid way. Say, an alpine skier who is in gold medal position and then goes down after 5 seconds in the deciding run. Or a tennis player on match point who smashes it in the net and then gets his serve broken and loses the match. Those kind of things :p 

Not even Shiffrin really choked actually, since she didn't actually have anything in hand yet.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Generally in most sports you can say that choking is only the case when someone is giving away something big in a kind of stupid way. Say, an alpine skier who is in gold medal position and then goes down after 5 seconds in the deciding run. Or a tennis player on match point who smashes it in the net and then gets his serve broken and loses the match. Those kind of things :p 

Not even Shiffrin really choked actually, since she didn't actually have anything in hand yet.

Maybe Mikaela and Alex Kilde should consider breaking up or something.:d Things haven't really gone Alex's way either in these Olympics.:mumble:

15 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

VLHOVA on the podium! :clap: @hckošice

First ever alpine skiing medal for Slovakia!

15 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Medal for Petra :clap:

8 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

This was the most I have ever celebrated a winter Olympic medal. Congratulations @hckošice

9 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

WOW ! that has been really crazy , must be some crazy wild celebrations back in Slovakia @hckošice :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Congrats to Vlhova and :SVK Slovakia! Incredible 2nd run

5 minutes ago, Ted said:

Hahaaa. Congrats Slovakia (& Austria and Switzerland). So happy for all three medalists.:hyper: So sorry for Lena, Sara, Andreja and Michelle though...:( But I'm sure they'll get plenty of chances to win medals in the near future, especially the younger ones. And oc Sara and Michelle are already Olympic gold medalists.

2 minutes ago, Joshi said:

Well done Vlhova and Slovakia. @hckošiceyou can relax now :p

Oh. I am completely speechless and actually also hurt (I hit my hand hard against the wall while jumping like moron) but this was my biggest secret dream (actually not only mine, the whole country) So happy for Petra she had so enormous pressure now I can absolutely understand she can not stop the tears, I do believe she is not the sole in Slovakia now.

Congrats to Petra for this historic first ever Alpine Skiing Olympic medal, also our second Olympic champion since the indeendence at WOG after Kuzmina. congrats Petra our future President :d

and all you guys for all your support and nice words I want to send a big Ďakujem :hug:  You guys have my points in the next TISC :p