website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Breezy Johnson :USA as expected out of the Olympics due injury, crash in Cortina in the last DH training was at the end too costly for the biggest US speed events chance in Beijing :(

She had a crash in Zauchensee training too? Anyway, Either Siebenhofer or Weidle might walk away with the DH gold now if Goggia also won't make it.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

She had a crash in Zauchensee training too? Anyway, Either Siebenhofer or Weidle might walk away with the DH gold now if Goggia also won't make it.

Ledecká ? :p

Yes, but the one in Cortina was harder. I saw it on Czech TV, it was a very very bad crash.

5 hours ago, dcro said:

Japan declined. Unique chance for Romania to enter two weekend-skiers now, since Caill appears to be absent for some reason.

:ROU declines the quota, so on to :NOR who already decline multiple reallocations. Next up would be :AND 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Andorra will decline too. This one will end up in Korea most likely.

And if not Korea, then... Slovakia? All these nations will decline, except maybe RUS/CZE, but they too will start declining spots at some point unless they went all in for quantity over quality.

#banbestmen

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

Andorra will decline too. This one will end up in Korea most likely.

And if not Korea, then... Slovakia? All these nations will decline, except maybe RUS/CZE, but they too will start declining spots at some point unless they went all in for quantity over quality.

I think :CZE would rather accept male quota than female quota. We may have some rising stars amongst girls, but currently maybe competitive with developing countries. I'd rather see a quota for Ondřej Berndt or Filip Forejtek

:AND and :RUS rejected a reallocation. :KOR appears to have accepted a reallocation. However, unless there’s a glitch, it seems as though another quota is in the reallocation process now. :CZE has first dibs, if they pass, it goes to :ESP and :GBR who seem likely to pass, meaning it would then go to :SVK

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

:AND and :RUS rejected a reallocation. :KOR appears to have accepted a reallocation. However, unless there’s a glitch, it seems as though another quota is in the reallocation process now. :CZE has first dibs, if they pass, it goes to :ESP and :GBR who seem likely to pass, meaning it would then go to :SVK

It's not a glitch. Sweden initially accepted 7 quotas, then selected 5 athletes, and now they refused one of those 7 quotas. :wacko:

This is so utterly cruel to athletes hoping for a reallocation. I guess they already need negative tests, so Sweden playing cat and mouse with their quotas should be punished.

#banbestmen

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I highly doubt we will accept it if it happen. It is already too late. In normal Olympics yes, but certainly not under current circumstances

18 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I highly doubt we will accept it if it happen. It is already too late. In normal Olympics yes, but certainly not under current circumstances

Same here. If it was male athlete, they would probably get quota for Ondrej Berndt. For female, I doubt it ....

Australia will likely accept is Slovakia declines.

And if not Australia... then Chile (rank #425)?

Further nations coming up down the reallocation list who might be interested: :LAT:POL:HUN:ARG:CHN. Interesting. I wonder if they will just start maxing out the host quota when it becomes too late for everyone else (due to restrictions). ;)

#banbestmen