website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

34 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Netherlands accepted both quotas !?!

@heywoodu

Yes, Maarten Meiners was actually mentioned as being selected last week I believe. I was truly stunned when seeing that!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

yay Jelinkova :thumbup:

Yeah, finally Adriana made. So happy for her. She deserves it so much ...... But still hoping also for the Dutch free skier in halfpipe to be selected. She had missed two Games cause of dumb :NED internal selection method. Hope they pick her for Beijing though ....

:NZL actually accepted two female quotas :yikes:. I expected Robinson’s, but I didn’t think they’d accept more than that. I imagine the second quota will go to Hudson.

They also rejected their men’s quota, so likely no team event for them.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

:BEL will send 3 male skiers ? who ? from where ? I mean how ?

They got lucky with Marchant squeezing into Top 15 at combined WCh last year. That unlocked the second quota. Top 30 in slalom also for Marchant unlocked the third quota.

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

They got lucky with Marchant squeezing into Top 15 at combined WCh last year. That unlocked the second quota. Top 30 in slalom also for Marchant unlocked the third quota.

I know that. I can not just remember a 3rd Belgian male skier with an olympic level, but hey if there :JAM why not a 3rd :BEL , even if it is not really fair to Belgium I admit, they have lower mountains than Jamaica ;)

19 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I know that. I can not just remember a 3rd Belgian male skier with an olympic level, but hey if there :JAM why not a 3rd :BEL , even if it is not really fair to Belgium I admit, they have lower mountains than Jamaica ;)

With Marchant, Van den Broecke and Verbeke or Grandjean or Maes they easily have three with at least a definitely decent level though :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!