website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, it does seem Italy and France are basically requesting the same thing, so it's not just Austria :p 

no, Italy are only asking to switch a couple of their women's alpine skiing quota places to the men's squad, which imho could and should be always possible (at least for 1, max 2 quota...like they already do in other sports -shooting is the first that comes to my mind)...

7 minutes ago, NearPup said:

to be precise: the left knee's ACL is partially broken and that's the same knee she already destroyed in 2013 (when it was completely rebuilt)...

imho, she doesn't stand a chance to be competitive in 3 weeks time (not to mention the psychological aspect, with 2 hard crashes in the last 4 races)...

44 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I just can't wait. Let's get it started!

I

so, we have 2 uphill sections :yikes: :facepalm:

one Kitz alike narrow road (completely flat)...

how can people say this is a difficult slope? 

obviously it's all about the design of the actual course, but man...this track is going to make the Sochi and Pyeongchang's some kind of "great classics"...:hairpull:

I think we're gonna see some surprising results there...

33 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, Italy are only asking to switch a couple of their women's alpine skiing quota places to the men's squad, which imho could and should be always possible (at least for 1, max 2 quota...like they already do in other sports -shooting is the first that comes to my mind)...

Both request should be a no. Thankfully it is not FIS deciding. 

I mean the rules are stupid but were clear from beginning. The Austrians did not even read the qualification rules probably as they thought we will have 11 anyway. 

And you are right with shooting,  but that was clear from beginning not a change afterwards. 

59 minutes ago, phelps said:

not to mention the psychological aspect, with 2 hard crashes in the last 4 races)...

Somehow I feel Goggia doesn't feel psychological aspects, otherwise she wouldn't put down kamikaze runs every single time despite her injury history :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, phelps said:

I agree that it should be throughout one sport ...... In this case alpine skiing.... But if :AUT should be requesting switching snowboarding quota for alpine? I think that's wrong ..... They did not earn enough quota in alpine? Not my fault..... If you don't want the snowboarding quota, fair enough, decline it and give a chance someone else in THE SAME SPORT!!!!