website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

28 minutes ago, FireRun said:

If Lanišek doesn't improve (finish inside top 10) on the normal hill, I think Cene might be picked for the mixed team competition. As for the girls I think Urša might already be picked (due to world cup standings and potential retirement after next season) and it's between Nika and Ema for the second place. 

It also helps Bogataj had the best jumps in NH training.

Althaus, Bogataj & Kriznar with the best performance in training overall. Wouldn't be surprised if that is the podium tomorrow. The only question is the order.

Frida Westman Top 10 in both trainings and could be a minor shock if she gets into Top 10 when it matters. A lot of Polish fans cheer for the revival of Swedish ski jumping :yes

Ski jumping is underway.  The first skier up is 17 years ago.  Which means he was not yet alive when Simon Ammann won his first gold medal.  And this is the first Olympic normal hill with no Noriaki Kasai since 1988.

I'm old

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Can you spell the word "wind"? It will be a long day for the ski jumpers :wacko:

It's almost like they saw the conditions at a long of the venues in PyeongChang and Beijing was like "here, hold my beer."  I really hope these Siberian winds don't wreak havoc on the schedule like it did with the alpine events 4 years ago

3 minutes ago, NearPup said:

They are actually broadcasting the trial round :O

That would be normal in Poland. It's either ski jumping or women's ice hockey. Easy choice. Even ES2 shows a figure skating re-run from last night instead of women's hockey.

:CAN Boyd-Clowes 100,5 meters. That's actually impressive for him.

31 minutes ago, NearPup said:

They are actually broadcasting the trial round :O

Streaming live here.  USA Network will pick up the qualifying round after the hockey game ends, unless they dump out of that early.

8 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Streaming live here.  USA Network will pick up the qualifying round after the hockey game ends, unless they dump out of that early.

I know, I live in the US so I'm mostly streaming using Peacock. That's where I was watching the trial round.