website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

Great competition, one of the best in history. We are standing really well ahead of Team event.

Zajc and Peter Prevc are in team, while Kos and Cene Prevc failed to qualify by just 0.3 and 0.6, they will jump tomorrow with Lanišek for other two spots.

At least Germany "finally" got its first bronze medal here ...

Still disappoining that the world cup leader only won 1 bronze medal. If Germany could somehow find a decent 4th athlete they would fight for gold in the team.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I just added up the points of the 4 best athletes of each nation from today's competition*:

Slovenia: 1078.4

Germany: 1064.4

Austria: 1062.0

Norway: 1046.5

Japan: 1046.3

Poland: 1038.2

* I multiplied the first round results of Johannson and Tande by 2 (since they didn't qualify for the 2nd round)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

14 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I just added up the points of the 4 best athletes of each nation from today's competition*:

Slovenia: 1078.4

Germany: 1064.4

Austria: 1062.0

Norway: 1046.5

Japan: 1046.3

Poland: 1038.2

* I multiplied the first round results of Johannson and Tande by 2 (since they didn't qualify for the 2nd round)

You'd be shocked to learn Polish journalists have done this too ;)

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Team competition tomorrow. 11 teams will line-up. My predictions: 1. :SLO 2. :GER 3. :AUT 4. :NOR 5. :JPN 6. :POL 7. :ROC 8. :SUI 9. :CZE 10. :USA 11. :CHN :p

Tells a lot about the strength of the field when you put Swiss in 9th with jumpers such as Deschwanden, Ammann and Peier. One bad jump and you're out