website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Some new positive COVID cases. :NOR D.A. Tande, F.Villumstad & J.A. Forfang + :POL P.Zyla.

Polish team was supposed to leave on January 31st but athletes need four negative tests upon arrival and the oldest only five days prior to arrival. So this will be a very close run thing.

Several top names have withdrawn from Titisee-Neustadt World Cup this coming weekend including Marius Lindvik who was in close contact with Tande but hasn't tested positive yet.

Hope it does not end up as a disaster for :NOR team and they send B-team. 

Quite a big upset in :USA selctions as Decker Dean isn't one of the three nominated athletes. Kevin Bickner won the internal trials so he was safe but Casey Larson and Patrick Gasienica will be the other two in Beijing. Picking Gasienica (obviously of Polish heritage) over Dean looks downright insane. However since USA doesn't matter much in ski jumping I assume there will be no domestic media backlash over this.

:CANTeam Canada  :CAN

Men

• Mackenzie Boyd-Clowes
  • Matthew Soukup

Women

• Abigail Strate
  • Alexandria Loutitt

Boyd-Clowes is named to his fourth Olympics, which matches the great Host Bulau's record for most Olympic appearances by a Canadian at the Olympics in Ski Jumping.

I wonder if they will do what they did for South Korea in 2018; will they just allow the host to compete in the team event without meeting the qualifying criteria.  China has enough jumpers who meet the minimum eligibility so I think it is possible.

11 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

Fis quota page says that Italy accepted only 1 ski jumping quota for each gender, Finland rejected its third quota. Now up for reallocation as it seems.

As expected Romania accepted 1 quota. 🇷🇴