website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And that's it for international ski jumping from Zhangjiakou, I guess. Or ski jumping in general, I doubt we'll ever hear anything again from especially these Chinese guys... :( 

I hope I'm wrong, obviously, but this seems like a typical sport where they'll disappear back into nowhere.

Actually there is an idea we can have an Asian swing in November & December (followed by Nizhny Tagil) since the early rounds are usually tough to go around due to lack of snow & frost in Europe. I'm unsure Sapporo would like to ditch the mid-January date though. Various vanues have been used for the early November slot and Kuopio/Kuusamo has been ravaged by wind several times, Wisla basically needs artificial snow and it costs a ton (they would like to be a Zakopane double-header in January) while Klingenthal has filled in as the minor German venue since Four Hills is fixed and Willingen is the otherwise popular German round. There is also Titisee-Neustadt & Oberstdorf ski flying to rotate on the calendar.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

Incredible piece of trivia: the only sport where every Canadian athlete competing in Beijing 2022 won a medal is… ski jumping. And it's also the only country who's ski jumpers all won a medal.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

As we all predicted.

:rofl: :roflmao: