website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2021

Totallympics

3 out of 3 for Yulo :PHI

After his disappointment in the Tokyo Olympics, he vowed to bounce back for this edition of the World Championships

He skipped the Individual All around event to focus on Floor Exercise, Vault, and Parallel Bars. His qualification to the Finals for Floor and Vault were quite expected. What surprised me is his Parallel Bars routine, I can’t recall him scoring 15 and above for this apparatus

16 hours ago, dcro said:

Ellis O'Reilly was in Rio, though.

Sorry, I meant to say Irish born! I’m not suggesting Ellis isn’t Irish, I meant more that Megan and Emma were developed in Ireland so it’s a great sign for our coaches and systems etc! 

8 hours ago, thepharoah said:

so officially no final for Zahran , even the other Egyptian representing Turkey Adem Asil won't qualify for Rings' finals , surprisingly 2 Italians and a Canadian in the qualifying spots till now 

I thought he was going to win a medal... But it was a very tough event. Even Lodadio didn't qualify.

Many, many, many surprises today. Half of the qualifiers are people I'd never expect to qualify.

What a final for Naomi Visser :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 10/20/2021 at 4:22 AM, thepharoah said:

i think it'll be hard for Ali Zahran now to qualify for the final , the Canadian Gymnast was really a surprise 

If you saw his results at the Challenge Cups after Tokyo, this score would not have been a surprise.