website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2021

Totallympics

So, :JPN Murakami will not perform on vault and bars, and :BRA Andrade will not perform on floor. The all-around title is pretty open right now, with :RUS Melnikova the clear favorite. 

I'm still awaiting confirmation but it looks like only three girls performed two vaults during podium training. :NED Geurts and :CHN QiQi are clear favorites for the podium now, along with :BRA Andrade. Not sure if Melnikova will perform 2 vaults, but this looks more and more unlikely now.

Reports from :BRA:ARM:SLO and :HUN indicate that the World Championships are poorly organized.

I asked for the start lists because we literally have no clue who is going to perform where, but no answer from FIG as of yet.

Only one gymnastics blog reported on podium training because basically all international media was forbidden to report from the arena.

There will be no live streaming of the qualifications anywhere, according to the FIG. The routines from qualification will be uploaded to the YouTube channel after the competition.

It's literally impossible to get information about anything relevant as of now. Even predicting who is going to medal is not feasible without the start lists.

I'm really, really, really frustrated.

Oof. A very shaky start.

:CHN Qi Qi counted a fall on both vaults. No final for her, and here I thought she was almost assured of a medal. Wide open door for :NED Geurts and :FRA Devillard now, and :ITA Asia D'Amato. Also, decent chances for :HUN and :SLO to reach the final.

:CHN Wei Xiaoyuan had a terrible all-around competition, only performing well on the uneven bars and vault, though her execution and difficulty are not good on vault. But on bars she had a huge score and can even become the world champion if she repeats this.

:CHN Li Shijia was the clear favorite for balance beam gold, but she will not make the final. :CHN Luo had a huge score and could be the champion here, quite easily, if she repeats this in the final.

I blame the terrible quality of the equipment for scores so low on floor and vault. This is not normal. 

No other noteworthy performances, though. :ISR Ofir had a decent 13.516 average on vault but this will not be enough for a final. Maybe a place in the top 12, with some luck.

Scores on floor are still abysmally low. I told you this floor equipment is the worst in the world...

Anyway, :NED Geurts is almost guaranteed to make vault final and this should be more than enough for, at least, a bronze medal. Only :FRA Devillard, :RUS Melnikova and :BRA Andrade could challenge her, but I don't think Devillard will score more than 14.2. :ITA D'Amato with 13.8, a little bit lower than I anticipated for her but this should still be enough for the final. I guess this will be enough for 6th or 7th, or maybe 8th.

:GBR Downie with a disappointing score on the uneven bars. Probably not enough for a final. 

On 10/16/2021 at 10:11 AM, thiago_simoes said:

Only one gymnastics blog reported on podium training because basically all international media was forbidden to report from the arena.

It's the Gymnastics podcast I posted here during the Olympics (not even kidding) xD

They also have a bunch of horror stories about the organization, apparently there have been a lot of issues around athletes (and them) getting food. Especially true for people with dietary restrictions.

It's been going on for five hours and not even Wikipedia has any results yet, then you know it's bad :p 

Where are provisional intermediate results supposed to be?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's been going on for five hours and not even Wikipedia has any results yet, then you know it's bad :p 

Where are provisional intermediate results supposed to be?

https://live.gymnastics.sport/live/16634/womensqual.php?app=aa 

Live results for this competition

8 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Scores on floor are still abysmally low. I told you this floor equipment is the worst in the world...

Anyway, :NED Geurts is almost guaranteed to make vault final and this should be more than enough for, at least, a bronze medal. Only :FRA Devillard, :RUS Melnikova and :BRA Andrade could challenge her, but I don't think Devillard will score more than 14.2. :ITA D'Amato with 13.8, a little bit lower than I anticipated for her but this should still be enough for the final. I guess this will be enough for 6th or 7th, or maybe 8th.

:GBR Downie with a disappointing score on the uneven bars. Probably not enough for a final. 

I just wanted to say thank you for your updates. It is really interesting to read analysis from a person who is into it. It will also helps me to watch finals :)

But situation with quality of this competition is really bad and I suppose they will not fix the equipment issue in the future...