website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2021

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

He had lots of major mistakes on handstands. He doesn't deserve a medal here, but since this competition is in Japan and the FIG president is Japanese...

Well that doesn't seem to be helping him to a medal :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meh, bit of a boring routine for Hashimoto. With 'boring' on the horizontal bar being absolutely relative, of course.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And of course my least favourite routine so far gets the best score :lol: 

Just now, heywoodu said:

And of course my least favourite routine so far gets the best score :lol: 

Well, what I did I tell you about the competition being in Japan and the FIG president being Japanese? 

Hashimoto will get gold even though he didn't even deserve to get a medal. That's FIG for you.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Well, what I did I tell you about the competition being in Japan and the FIG president being Japanese? 

Hashimoto will get gold even though he didn't even deserve to get a medal. That's FIG for you.

On the other hand, if this (the semi-corruption) was such a big thing, surely they'd have been able to 'find' 0.1 extra point for Hashimoto somewhere in the allround final so they'd win the biggest prize as well instead of losing it by the tiniest of margins? :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

On the other hand, if this (the semi-corruption) was such a big thing, surely they'd have been able to 'find' 0.1 extra point for Hashimoto somewhere in the allround final so they'd win the biggest prize as well instead of losing it by the tiniest of margins? :p 

My best guess is that, as we say it in Brazil, there was a "gentlemen's agreement" going on. China has a long history of being even more corrupt. The fact that they have not been banned after many, many scandals -- especially the underage gymnasts at the Olympics and World Championships -- just proves that they have a very talented negotiator behind the scenes.

But now I've gone to the conspiracy theory territory. I know it.

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Seriously, I just hope they don't mess with Karimi now. He finally hit a routine in his life. He deserves a medal.

Aaaand, of course, Karimi is out of the podium.

Why am I even surprised? Why?

Poor Karimi.