website statistics

Snowboard at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

8 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

:CAN dudes. Thanks for the info. Just now, I have contacted Czech side about this information cause if Canada confirms list of only 1 man and 1 woman, :CZE would recieve another quota in Parallel Giant slalom for Zuzana Maděrová :clap:

Looks like it worked! :CZE got a reallocated quota.

16 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Looks like it worked! :CZE got a reallocated quota.

Oh yeah!!!!!! Another talented teenager on our team. Junior worlds runner-up. This is gonna be a great experience for her and a great boost for the future💪💪💪

Samková :CZE out 😭😭😭😭😭. Even the professional team around her and her strong will could not do enough. Both broken ankles are just nothing related to the Olympics. So the strongest gold medal contestant in women's snowboardcross is out. 

This might have cost :CZE two Olympic medals. As she was in a perfect shape and she even won silver at the WC mixed event with Jan Kubičík. I considered her as a medal contestant in both individual and mixed team event. 

This is just too sad to see. Without Eva, we don't have that strong team this year and I guess we will be super happy if we make 5 medals in total. 

19 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Samková :CZE out 😭😭😭😭😭.

Well, honestly, this was expected. Still very sad obviously, but expected, her participation was basically impossible, even if by some miracle she would travel to Beijing after that horrible injury, without training/adequate preparation, I fear she would hardly be able to compete with her rivals. It is better for her to skip this, recover completely and will be back on the podium in Milano/Cortina.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but why wouldn't the FIS list say that Canada has refused PGS quotas if they are not going to use them?  Noticed wikipedia has a statement that 5 were refused but the source is FIS list that does not say that.

Is it possible that more will still be announced?