website statistics

Snowboard at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Adriano said:

other from TOP5?

Biles should be in there, Serena Williams as well, probably Ledecky and i am not sure about the fifth (maybe Johaug/Hassan).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

So happy for Gloria Kotnik, after all troubles, she came back only in December. She was among first on the reallocation list, nobody believed, she could still compete, so now she can bring home a medal and a mascot to his one year old son.

And, let's not forget, well done Tim, for keeping alive Slovenian medal tradition in Men's Parralel.

10 hours ago, hckošice said:

I did not know the big love is over :whistle: Zavarzina and Vic Wild divorced, whata love it was before Sochi ...

Yeah bro. I met them in the Olympic village in Sochi .... All kinds of media were interested in them .... They were even doing some shots with kids ...... Now when they divorced I dont get why he still keeps Russian passport😅😅

The head judge of the men’s slopestyle event confirmed that none of the judges say Parrot’s missed grab. Apparently they weren’t given a good angle on that feature.

It’s being heavily implied the judges themselves think they got the results wrong.

Additional note: the judges only got one camera angle for each feature, which wasn’t necessarily consistent from run to run, and could only request a replay from a different angle for one feature per run. No wonder the judging was wonky.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

The head judge of the men’s slopestyle event confirmed that none of the judges say Parrot’s missed grab. Apparently they weren’t given a good angle on that feature.

It’s being heavily implied the judges themselves think they got the results wrong.

Additional note: the judges only got one camera angle for each feature, which wasn’t necessarily consistent from run to run, and could only request a replay from a different angle for one feature per run. No wonder the judging was wonky.

I agree although it wasn't Su that got robbed I believe it was Mark McMorris that got robbed. His run was way and above more technical than both Parrot and Su. So theoretically it should've been McMorris, Su and Parrot in that order. But either all Canada winning both gold and bronze will remain the status quo so I suppose in Canada's point of view it wouldn't make a difference unless of course you're McMorris.

24 minutes ago, Joshi said:

I agree although it wasn't Su that got robbed I believe it was Mark McMorris that got robbed. His run was way and above more technical than both Parrot and Su. So theoretically it should've been McMorris, Su and Parrot in that order. But either all Canada winning both gold and bronze will remain the status quo so I suppose in Canada's point of view it wouldn't make a difference unless of course you're McMorris.

I obviously don't mind the result (I think Parrot should have won in 2018 so I'm not going to quibble with the judges "accidentally" giving it to him in 2022) but I want this controversy to bother the FIS enough for them to change how the judging process works. This is three Olympics in a row now where the judging in slopestyle has been wonky.