website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

The Hungarian team is officially protesting the results of the 1000m final, obviously nothing will be changed. Hopefully the guys will find a way to get over this final quickly because they need to focus on the next events. It's not a good sign that Shaolin Sándor didn't give an interview after the final, he clearly didn't handle this well. 

Wow what the heck was this final ? :lol: Just rewatched both today semifinals and finals and I can not believe what I just witnessed :rofl:

First: Fontana Huge gold, Bravo, at first I thought she was out after that fall in the first lap, but after the restart she was amazing. Italy really flying at this Olympics.

Second: I think both guys should be DSQ for that greco-roman takeout on the finish line :p but ok, I am not an expert, so congrats :ITA :NED :CAN :CHN and :HUN for the medals.

Already 2 medals for Hungary, you guys maybe can lend us at least one :p

3 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Still, DSQ for KOR in the first men's semi for the best manoeuvre of the day was the worst. 

Women's 500m was good. But please don't put a short track poll again I don't want to guess because we all know china may do anything to win. 

I was watching short track with my friends and we were really amazed by the Korean guy's move and for us Hwang will always be the Olympic champion. Now the interest is going coz we kinda know that if you are behind the Chinese u will get penalty if you overtake them but if they overtake you they won't be given any penalty. Great justice. 

51 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Second: I think both guys should be DSQ for that greco-roman takeout on the finish line :p but ok, I am not an expert, so congrats :ITA :NED :CAN :CHN and :HUN for the medals.

You see, the DSQ is unfair for Sándor, he's a Hungarian after all, greco-roman wrestling is in his blood, he can't help it. 

2 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

could anyone explain to me, why Ren Ziwei did not receieve DSQ for his obvious agressive violation??

Rulebook, special section CCP.8.8 :"The rest of the rules shall not apply to any skater with special status- in case they are fighting for medals, they can be disqualified only if they murder another skater on the ice".

11 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Why does the name sound Chinese 

I can't tell if this a honest question or a joke because my post was a joke. :d I will answer it anyway.

The Liu brothers are mixed. Chinese father and Hungarian mother, so they got their father's surname.