website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Under 19 World Championship 2021

George_D

hard to believe Iran is going to host this event in 10 days and I don't hear anything about it! I knew about hosting this but I didn't know this will start in August. really surprised to see the dates :yikes:

I wonder if the event is being cancelled or something? as much as I love to see Iran hosting international events this is not the right time, with +500 deaths per day (and that's just the official number, they always say the real number is twice this) Iran is in the worst possible situation since the start of the pandemic.

I live 40km far from Tehran and I don't dare travel there even when I have to. it will be very surprising if 19 countries send their kids.

46 minutes ago, MHSN said:

hard to believe Iran is going to host this event in 10 days and I don't hear anything about it! I knew about hosting this but I didn't know this will start in August. really surprised to see the dates :yikes:

I wonder if the event is being cancelled or something? as much as I love to see Iran hosting international events this is not the right time, with +500 deaths per day (and that's just the official number, they always say the real number is twice this) Iran is in the worst possible situation since the start of the pandemic.

I live 40km far from Tehran and I don't dare travel there even when I have to. it will be very surprising if 19 countries send their kids.

soi it will be cancelled?

21 minutes ago, George_D said:

soi it will be cancelled?

that's the interesting part, I have absolutely no idea! I don't hear anything about this competition which is very weird. cancellation or not I would hear something about it.

I did a bit of searching, absolutely no news about this. there is just a section in our volleyball federation website with the event's program. nothing else

29 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that's the interesting part, I have absolutely no idea! I don't hear anything about this competition which is very weird. cancellation or not I would hear something about it.

I did a bit of searching, absolutely no news about this. there is just a section in our volleyball federation website with the event's program. nothing else

there are news however in federetion's site about the preparation of iran youth team

https://volleyball.ir/video/u21-u19-1400-5-20/

https://volleyball.ir/video/u21-6th-2/

contacting few people. it seems Iran is really going to host this! :facepalm:

the event will be held in Tehran (just one city) , they will use 2 stadiums (both in the same complex) outside of Tehran.

here are the groups, apparently we had some changes because of withdrawals. I still wonder if all 19 teams show up.

Group A: :IRI:POL:GUA:NGR:IND

Group B: :ITA:BRA:CZE:BLR:COL

Group C: :RUS:BUL:THA:BEL:CMR

Group D: :ARG:EGY:GER:CUB:DOM

I'm surprised at the height of the players. They are very tall, the libero, for example, is 193cm and he is one of the shortest on the team. :yikes:

And our women's under19 team is also quite tall, I don't know if this is a new trend for Brazil in the future, but it's good considering that the height of the last teams only decreased.

But of course, the important thing is the skills, so let's see how these teams will perform.