website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Here I am. What do you need, you humble mortal?

A ranking with the following input:

- Every single IBU Qualifying points result (for the qualifying period, which I don't know in my mind what exactly it is) for all sprints and individuals in the World Cup, IBU Cup and their respective championships, like this document: https://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/2021/BT/SWRL/CH__/SMSP/C74Q_v1.pdf

And the following output:

- A ranking (with athletes, not nations) with I believe the average of each athlete's five best results. It could also be the average of the three best results, I'd have to check.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

A ranking with the following input:

- Every single IBU Qualifying points result (for the qualifying period, which I don't know in my mind what exactly it is) for all sprints and individuals in the World Cup, IBU Cup and their respective championships, like this document: https://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/2021/BT/SWRL/CH__/SMSP/C74Q_v1.pdf

And the following output:

- A ranking (with athletes, not nations) with I believe the average of each athlete's five best results. It could also be the average of the three best results, I'd have to check.

EASYYYY:

=AVERAGE(LARGE(table of results;1);LARGE(table of results;2);LARGE(table of results;3);LARGE(table of results;4);LARGE(table of results;5))

"Table of results" is of course all the range of the results you need to pick 5 out of.

11 hours ago, Vojthas said:

EASYYYY:

=AVERAGE(LARGE(table of results;1);LARGE(table of results;2);LARGE(table of results;3);LARGE(table of results;4);LARGE(table of results;5))

"Table of results" is of course all the range of the results you need to pick 5 out of.

Yes that is the easy part, but first you need to get the data from pdf to excel and sort it by athlete from many different events. No idea how 

and then you can easily do the part you describe. 

13 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Yes that is the easy part, but first you need to get the data from pdf to excel and sort it by athlete from many different events. No idea how 

and then you can easily do the part you describe. 

I'm afraid there is no way to do that the other way than simply typing one by one. Or to type the results of each single competition, which is much easier and faster, and then ask Excel to search the name from the classification in the results list and give back their result. It's the function VLOOKUP. That's what I use for the prediction contests I manage.

Maybe converting pdf to doc and trying to change it to table (ctrl+h and changing spaces to tabs mightbe helfpul) and then put it to excel would be another way 'round.

2 hours ago, Vojthas said:

I'm afraid there is no way to do that the other way than simply typing one by one. Or to type the results of each single competition, which is much easier and faster, and then ask Excel to search the name from the classification in the results list and give back their result. It's the function VLOOKUP. That's what I use for the prediction contests I manage.

Maybe converting pdf to doc and trying to change it to table (ctrl+h and changing spaces to tabs mightbe helfpul) and then put it to excel would be another way 'round.

Yeah, importing the points (not the finish results) seemed to be the biggest issue. It's alright for one or two races, but typing that in manually for dozens of races throughout the season...there's just a major lack of time. I've tried converting their PDF's with the points, but it always ends up being skewed one way or another.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, importing the points (not the finish results) seemed to be the biggest issue. It's alright for one or two races, but typing that in manually for dozens of races throughout the season...there's just a major lack of time. I've tried converting their PDF's with the points, but it always ends up being skewed one way or another.

As I said - pdf to doc, then the table to excel

biathlon.xlsx

• 6 months later...