website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

For the relay, the loss of Ingrid would of course be extremely bitter, but that looked really bad. With her, Norway would be the clear gold favorite. Sweden is currently clear on silver and possibly Russia for bronze. For the German women, the skiing times are not right at all anymore, even if the results were ok today, the skiing times were weak. And the big favorites from France before the Games, I do not trust a medal, Bescond was really weak again today, they are simply not in shape.

What an exciting race ... if IOC would be remotely sensible, they would take the pursuit off the program. This event makes zero sense.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What an exciting race ... if IOC would be remotely sensible, they would take the pursuit off the program. This event makes zero sense.

IBU is working on different formats for Super Sprint I just hope it replaces this event where medals are based on performance of some other event

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

IBU is working on different formats for Super Sprint I just hope it replaces this event where medals are based on performance of some other event

The individual looks to be the first event to be recovery/replaced unfortunately..

10 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I think the best solution is to view sprint+pursuit as a single event. Sprint as qualification race open for all. And pursuit as medal race.

Maybe make sprint shorter like 6km for women and 7,5km for men?

Ok. Today race was semi-interesting (but only if you watch only a fight for gold, fight for top10 was full of ups and downs.), but there were a lot of exciting pursuits in the past/WC.