website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

What would really annoy me is that if the NZOC don't select Campbell Wright to Beijing then I hope like heck he  chooses the USA for future events. 1, He'd get much better support and 2, He won't have to rely on money since he's done it all on his own with no financial assistance from NZ Sport. He's had to find his own coach, borrowed skis etc. Is practically handicapped even before the start line. There's already people in NZ demanding him he go and are putting pressure on the NZOC. If the NZOC can select a no hope Freestyle skier Margaux Hackett who struggles to make top 20 let alone top 16 most of the time and had a few fluke top 10s. Who I guarantee won't make a final of her event, well that reeks of favoritism. It sucks, and I'm not holding out hope he'll be selected. I just hope if he doesn't he goes and skis for the US in the future. At least they'll look after him. I do hope I'm wrong though.

:GER

Denise Hermann (WSC Erzgebirge Oberwiesenthal)

Vanessa Hinz (SC Schliersee)

Franziska Preuss (SC Haag)

Vanessa Voigt (WSV Rotterode)

Anna Weidel (WSV Kiefersfelden)

Benedikt Doll (SZ Breitnau)

Johannes Kühn (WSV Reit im Winkl)

Erik Lesser (SV Eintracht Frankenhain)

Philipp Nawrath (Skiklub Nesselwang)

Roman Rees (Ski Verein Schauinsland)

David Zobel (SC Partenkirchen)

15 hours ago, Joshi said:

What would really annoy me is that if the NZOC don't select Campbell Wright to Beijing then I hope like heck he  chooses the USA for future events. 1, He'd get much better support and 2, He won't have to rely on money since he's done it all on his own with no financial assistance from NZ Sport. He's had to find his own coach, borrowed skis etc. Is practically handicapped even before the start line. There's already people in NZ demanding him he go and are putting pressure on the NZOC. If the NZOC can select a no hope Freestyle skier Margaux Hackett who struggles to make top 20 let alone top 16 most of the time and had a few fluke top 10s. Who I guarantee won't make a final of her event, well that reeks of favoritism. It sucks, and I'm not holding out hope he'll be selected. I just hope if he doesn't he goes and skis for the US in the future. At least they'll look after him. I do hope I'm wrong though.

Your fears are unfounded. Of the NZ biathletes, only Campbell received invitation. The NOC of NZ can only approve or decline him.

10 minutes ago, amigo9876 said:

Your fears are unfounded. Of the NZ biathletes, only Campbell received invitation. The NOC of NZ can only approve or decline him.

That's the whole point :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Slovenia .....

https://www.24ur.com/sport/zimski_sporti/slovenijo-bo-v-pekingu-zastopalo-41-sportnikov.html

They whote women's roster:

- ženske: Živa Klemenčič, Polona Klemenčič

WTF? Ziva haven't enought qual points :) Did they smoke something, then publish list?)

2 minutes ago, amigo9876 said:

Slovenia .....

https://www.24ur.com/sport/zimski_sporti/slovenijo-bo-v-pekingu-zastopalo-41-sportnikov.html

They whote women's roster:

- ženske: Živa Klemenčič, Polona Klemenčič

WTF? Ziva haven't enought qual points :) Did they smoke something, then publish list?)

Ziva's points are no problem at all. The minimum is under 150 IBU points and her total is 88.44 at the moment, so that's easily enough. The bigger question is: what about the much better placed Lena Repinc?!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ziva's points are no problem at all. The minimum is under 150 IBU points and her total is 88.44 at the moment, so that's easily enough. The bigger question is: what about the much better placed Lena Repinc?!

No, Slovenia haven't quota. Polona and Lena got a personal wild card.....
If Slovenia take Ziva, she couldn't compete in Beijing.

3 minutes ago, amigo9876 said:

No, Slovenia haven't quota. Polona and Lena got a personal wild card.....
If Slovenia take Ziva, she couldn't compete in Beijing.

So it should be Polona Klemencic and Lena Repinc, maximum? Hmm, I thought those quotas for the nations outside the top-12 were based on the individual ranking (which they are), but were for the NOC instead of the specific athlete (with the NOC then able to decide which eligible athlete uses the quota). Interesting situation, now I'm curious how it's actually going to be!

:BLR Belarus

Men:

Mikita Labastau

Dzmitry Lazouski

Anton Smolski

Maksim Varabei

Raman Yaliotnau

Women:

Dzinara Alimbekava

Elena Kruchinkina

Irina Kruchinkina

Iryna Leschanka