website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, FancyFenchel said:

How can China attend the relay with 1+2=3 quotas?

it didn’t write clearly. Actually China get one IBU ranking quota by itself and then get one original host quota(1). In this scenario the total quotas is 105. Since China is not in top20 so IBU gave China two more additional quotas without affecting other NOCs. That’s the 1+2 and total 107 quotas.

8 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

it didn’t write clearly. Actually China get one IBU ranking quota by itself and then get one original host quota(1). In this scenario the total quotas is 105. Since China is not in top20 so IBU gave China two more additional quotas without affecting other NOCs. That’s the 1+2 and total 107 quotas.

Now i got it. It's 1+1+2 = 4.

Baiba Bendika is lightly pissed (at their cross country federation) :p  (can't say I disagree with her, if at the very least they had said earlier they wouldn't select her anyway, she wouldn't have made several large detours to score good points....plus anyway she is simply the second-best Latvian, far ahead of the rest)

https://www.instagram.com/stories/bendikabaiba/2753357581428119846/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Baiba Bendika is lightly pissed (at their cross country federation) :p  (can't say I disagree with her, if at the very least they had said earlier they wouldn't select her anyway, she wouldn't have made several large detours to score good points)

https://www.instagram.com/stories/bendikabaiba/2753357581428119846/

Well, they can still select her for the relay, though I guess she will refuse that now out of bitterness?

Pitty, with Eiduka on an early classic leg, and Bendika going 3rd, the Latvians could have presented a fairly decent relay.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Well, they can still select her for the relay, though I guess she will refuse that now out of bitterness?

Pitty, with Eiduka on an early classic leg, and Bendika going 3rd, the Latvians could have presented a fairly decent relay.

I think she'd refuse the relay more because of the biathlon program: XC relay is on the one day between the biathlon sprint and pursuit, whereas the 30k is the day after the last biathlon race. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I think she'd refuse the relay more because of the biathlon program: XC relay is on the one day between the biathlon sprint and pursuit, whereas the 30k is the day after the last biathlon race. 

I see. But can't say I agree with her here. She may be better than 3/4 skiers, but Latvia would probably rather have a relay, with atheltes who will also enter mutiple individual events, instead of having Bendika swoop in for one event only.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

I see. But can't say I agree with her here. She may be better than 3/4 skiers, but Latvia would probably rather have a relay, with atheltes who will also enter mutiple individual events, instead of having Bendika swoop in for one event only.

If there are indeed two options:

1. Relay, but no Bendika

2. Bendika, but no relay

I can indeed imagine a country goes for the relay one. I am not sure I would entirely agree with it, but I would at least understand it (and I am aware I am definitely biased in her favour in this case). Main thing is that they could have said this earlier, one would imagine...but yeah, who knows :p 

Ukaleq Slettemark will be in the Olympics representing Denmark.  She wants to beat her dad's placing of 85th in the Sprint and Individual.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY3GJIyMnbC/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=836bbb81-c24b-458e-8fc1-fe65c7b4c8b6