website statistics

Athletics WA Under 20 World Championships 2021

Totallympics

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think you are overestimating the time. Tia Clayton, who only ran 11.60 this year, was less than 0.3 slower. Also I doubt that „she“ will still be allowed to compete when „she“ is 26 years old.

I doubt she will be competing next year - either the rules get changed or she will somehow get bared from Eugene. 

9 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

My guess would be around 13.30 s. He seems pretty small and that might be a disadvantage with higher hurdles. Belocian also looked like a sure thing at junior level, but never developed as expected.

13.30 at the moment maybe, not in the future.

I've been hyping up the Alekna brothers for years on this forum and now Mykolas is an U20 European and World champion :wub:

It's our first medal in 9 years and I think that Mykolas is already strong enough to do some damage in the senior discus as well, because in his second ever senior discus competition he threw a 63.50 and he had one foul where the discus hit the 65 metre line and that would have been good enough for an Olympic final :d

So in the end we got 3 medals and a bunch of 4th/5th/6th places (and also a couple of U20 NRs). Not sure what to think. Some disappointing results, some nice surprises as well. 

Happy Deligianni won bronze in the women's 800 after she got 4th at the Europeans. This is Greece's first ever medal in any middle distance event at a major championships in any junior/youth age category.

Most of our athletes in Nairobi will be back next year, except for our three medalists. Filippidou (women's discus) has been a big disappointment in the major championships this year and totally messed up at the European U20s and now the World U20s. Hopefully next year she can redeem herself.