website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2030 Bid Process

George_D

7 hours ago, George_D said:

And Bosnia also in Barcelona :ESP bid? :wacko:

"In fact, aware of the logistical constraints and the cost that could represent the development of specific facilities for which an optimal reconversion could not be guaranteed later, the Spanish Olympic Committee has thus little by little put forward the idea of an alliance with Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina) , whose recent history is linked to that of the Host City of the 1992 Games."

https://sportetsociete.org/2022/03/13/jo-2030-le-projet-espagnol-devrait-etre-finalise-dici-la-mi-avril/

This is exciting. I hope they have the downhill and super G in Switzerland ,technical alpine events in Montenegro, Combined events in France,  speed skating in Austria, Short Track in Hungary and so on :p

I always said, half-joking that Hungary and the Slovak Republic could bid together for the 2034 or 2038 winter olympics.

Snow events could be in Slovakia, most of ice events in Hungary and ice hockey shared between the two (considering that SK is much better in that than HU). Bobsleigh and luge track could be in the "mountains" around Buda in Budapest :D
Problem is, due to climate change there will be probably no winter around that time (provided we dont die earlier in WW III thanks to VVP & his gang)

25 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

I always said, half-joking that Hungary and the Slovak Republic could bid together for the 2034 or 2038 winter olympics.

Snow events could be in Slovakia, most of ice events in Hungary and ice hockey shared between the two (considering that SK is much better in that than HU). Bobsleigh and luge track could be in the "mountains" around Buda in Budapest :D
Problem is, due to climate change there will be probably no winter around that time (provided we dont die earlier in WW III thanks to VVP & his gang)

I always dreamed about a Czecho-Slovak bid, but a HU/SK one would be awesome as well :d

4 hours ago, dcro said:

I am guessing it could be the bobsleigh track. Better to rebuild the one in Sarajevo than to start one from scratch. ;)

all these for the main host country (spain) which you can not say that they are interested considerably in winter sports

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pyrenees residents will vote on the 2030 Winter Games bid on July 24, a day before the 30th anniversary of the Barcelona Summer Olympics. 

There will be two referendums to gauge locals' support for the event, the Catalan authorities announced on Monday morning: one in the Alt Pirineu and Aran area of the Western Catalan Pyrenees, and another in the Berguedà, Solsonès, and Ripollès counties.