website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Tickets, Trips and Experiences

18 hours ago, canadafan2024 said:

https://www.paris2024.org/en/tickets/

TLDR: the ticket sales will be centralized and worldwide instead of country-by-country, starting in early 2023.

I've already booked my trip with a tour operator- I'm hoping to go on similar dates as CCB above. My dream itinerary:

Wednesday 24th- handball (I'd be flying in from Toronto Tuesday night and wouldn't have a room in Paris until Thursday)

Thursday- non-sports activity (I was thinking the show at the Moulin Rouge- any suggestions welcome, though)

Friday- opening ceremony on the Seine

Saturday- tennis and boxing

Sunday- beach volleyball and swimming

Monday- diving, rugby and badminton

Any advice for trip planning from people who have been to the Games and/or Paris would be appreciated.

Thank you! I didn't know the official website already had more information.

Does anyone have experience with the 'tickets packs'? Are they predetermined combinations of events to visit?

How do you guys imagine they will handle the draw? What will prevent people (or scalpers) from entering loads of mail accounts into the draw to skew it in their favour?

The specific info isn't out yet on the ticket packs, but it seems like they would be for a handful of events, hopefully grouped so that you can get to them easily without too much travel time.

I was concerned about the possibility of scalpers too- I do know that priority access for the tickets is through the "club 2024" on the Paris website, which you can join for free. Hopefully that allows for the actual fans to get ticket priority starting with the multi packs.

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to visit Paris during the Games?

Maybe someone could give me a little advice for accomondation (which zones are good and well comunicate) I am interested in  events close to Paris and maybe roland garros (tenis /boxing) and athetics stadium.

I hope bunch of tickets will be in close area in the first sales.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a Facebook group for Paris 2024 Olympics Planning & Preperation. It may be interesting and useful but I haven’ t checked it much yet so it may be another Facebook useless thing, I don’t know.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1365645203610663/?ref=share

• 3 weeks later...

The ticket page on the Paris 2024 website has been updated with additional information on the dates.

https://tickets.paris2024.org/en/

Lottery for the 'Make your Games packs sales' will open on 1 december. These packs will go on sale using the lottery system for specific timeslots starting February 15th.

I can't wait!

Question for the more experienced Olympic travellers: are the packs sales a common sales method? I can't find much information about them on the website, only that you can pick 3 sessions from a selection of available events.

I was curious about the packs myself. If we can choose our events and buy more than one pack in the February sale, I might be able to get most of the tickets I want then. Hopefully the demand won't be too high since Parisians may want to wait for single-ticket sales.

My updated "dream itinerary" after the July schedule release:

Thursday 25th- arrive and cultural event at night

Friday- opening ceremony

Saturday- synchro diving (w) and rugby (m) finals

Sunday- beach vb and women's handball

Monday- tennis and swimming

Tuesday- travel day to Bordeaux

Wednesday- Bordeaux wine tour and women's soccer game

Thursday Aug 1- home

My dream itinerary might be a bit too ambitious, but I'd like to go the 2nd week and visit athletics and a few knockout stages:

Wednesday 5 Aug: arrival and beach volleybal

Thursday: athletics

Friday: field hockey (womens final)

Saturday: departure

The thursday evening athletics session is probably the highest on my wishlist, while the wednesday and friday sessions could be any variety of beach volleybal, volleyball, field hockey or track cycling.