website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Tickets, Trips and Experiences

2024Tickets.png

I am planning a trip to Paris 2024 olympics. Paris will be the best chance for me to enjoy it on the scene. The one and only summer olympics in Europe in near future, so it's really best chance by far.

I start the topic now, but obviously it will be more active in the coming months or even years.

However, I'm always interested in your comments, I know some of you have been to the olympics before, so I'm curious how to organize such a trip, how to enjoy it the best possible way.

Hopefully covid pandemics will be over then (I'm not so sure about it though, sadly) and the spectators will be allowed. The biggest problem will be - how to get tickets for some "golden circle" events?

Anyway, Paris 2024 - here we go!

9 minutes ago, bmo said:

Hopefully, you can get some tickets! I am planning on going to LA 2028.

Yes, getting tickets for the events which are the most interesting for me will be the hardest part.

I remember how it was with UEFA EURO 2012 here in Poland. That was tough but after some ups and downs we even managed to get tickets for a semifinal in Warsaw. :ITA vs :GER MARIO BALOTELLI destroyed the German team there! That was fun.

Well, I definitely plan to attend as of now. Will be fishing for some dressage/eventing tickets at Versailles, and then possibly something in between.

I will not be stacking my schedule though. Max 2 events per day, but preferrably 1.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, rafalgorka said:

I am planning a trip to Paris 2024 olympics. Paris will be the best chance for me to enjoy it on the scene. The one and only summer olympics in Europe in near future, so it's really best chance by far.

I start the topic now, but obviously it will be more active in the coming months or even years.

However, I'm always interested in your comments, I know some of you have been to the olympics before, so I'm curious how to organize such a trip, how to enjoy it the best possible way.

Hopefully covid pandemics will be over then (I'm not so sure about it though, sadly) and the spectators will be allowed. The biggest problem will be - how to get tickets for some "golden circle" events?

Anyway, Paris 2024 - here we go!

First of all, take a trip to Paris this winter (it’s cheaper in the winter) and so some basic research on the location of venues, metro & rail routes & the location of cheap hotels. Because that is going to be crucial, and it will save you a lot of hassle if you have got all that in your head well before time.

Also, timetabling for free events - road cycling, triathlon etc.  You’ll get a lot of value for money if you include those.  Bound to be plenty big screens in the streets.

Unpopular (in France) sports.  In London 2012 it was easy to get tickets for volleyball, handball, basketball group games, because those were unknown chez nous.  For France, I suppose field hockey, women’s soccer, badminton….

2 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

First of all, take a trip to Paris this winter (it’s cheaper in the winter) and so some basic research on the location of venues, metro & rail routes & the location of cheap hotels. Because that is going to be crucial, and it will save you a lot of hassle if you have got all that in your head well before time.

Yes, I know, that is a plan. Maybe not this winter yet, but for sure I'd like to go to Paris before 2024, never been there before, so this 2022 or 2023 trip would be my "test event".

Another "test event" for me would be going to Athletics World Championships in Budapest, August 2023. Seriously thinking about it.

Different city obviously but this one I know well, been there few times before, great chance to see how it is to enjoy such a big event on spot.

I really liked attending F1 racing at Hungaroring in the past, so I'm quite certain these championships will be very nice event as well.

26 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

I'm honestly just as worried about getting a place to stay as getting tickets. Surely every apartment/airbnb and even hotel will be sold out in 2023 already.

You are absolutely right. That is another thing I will have to be very careful about. But I don't have any high expectations here, anything with clean bed and clean bathroom is fine for me.

But getting good tickets will be the hardest part for sure. Good tickets meaning: athletics (800m or high jump finals would be the best for me), swimming, artistic gymnastics, men's volleyball, men's handball... Going for outdoor sports like rowing, canoe sprint, equestrian or MTB cycling should be easier...

I'm planning to go as well. :)

Like dcro I would say go for a maximum of 2 events per day and seriously consider if it's smart to go for 2 if one is some distance from the central parts, especially if you're going for handball (which is in Lille)

And don't expect to get all the tickets you hope. I got little less than half the tickets I tried getting for the 2012 Games. Managed to add some later but ended up with jus 1½ week in London and not the full duration.

And certainly. Be quick getting a room when it's possible about a year before.

I wouldn't be that worried about transportation a long time before other than making sure you can make it from one venue to another if you go for more than one event a day.

And last, consider going for something you wouldn't think you would watch. I had a blast when I spontaneously got tickets for MTB and women's freestyle wrestling in London!