website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

28 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I never understand why do we need 40 people for each of the laser events when at best 12 are competitive.

IOC could easily shave 20 (10 & 10) quotas there and use them for other sports or just save to keep the overall games athlete quota within the desired margins.

To have a proper race? I assume you haven't watched much of Laser, but there are races when people in medal positions suddenly find themselves at the bottom of the 40 crews. Then the drama starts as every position can start to count. Happens every Olympics.

Besides, it's the most widespread class.

#banbestmen

54 minutes ago, dcro said:

To have a proper race? I assume you haven't watched much of Laser, but there are races when people in medal positions suddenly find themselves at the bottom of the 40 crews. Then the drama starts as every position can start to count. Happens every Olympics.

Besides, it's the most widespread class.

Windsurf is the same but they have like 15 less people. Don't see why laser should be different but even then just a little cut compared to them would be good IMO.

Of course it doesn't have to be the small nations/universality getting cut, just the middle pack that always qualify but never do anything (would include us for example).

3 hours ago, dcro said:

So i guess nothing changed for the continental spots? You can still earn them for free?

Man, sailing is really pushing it. They are the first federation with universality qualifier + universality invitations, and of course the useless continental spots. No wonder the federation is on the edge of bankruptcy.

Yeah, they need to follow canoeing and have a rule where at least 2 or 3 nations have to compete for the quota to be valid.

I do like the emerging nations quotas, it helps nations which are good in other sports, but developing in the sport in question. I always found it unfair for nations like Ethiopia and Jamaica where they are quite weak in almost all sports, but because of athletics they are not eligible for tripartite quotas.

Canoe Sprint Document is back with some changes in the number of quotas per event

this is fantastic to publish something and changing it after less than a day ! :facepalm: looks like Mr Bach is busy saving the world and forget to hire qualified people to do simple jobs like this.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Canoe Sprint Document is back with some changes in the number of quotas per event

this is fantastic to publish something and changing it after less than a day ! :facepalm: looks like Mr Bach is busy saving the world and forget to hire qualified people to do simple jobs like this.

What are the changes?

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

They could hire us :p

35 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

max 1 team per NOC in mixed doubles is the only notable change.

They have also changed the Davis Cup/Billie Jean Cup requirements, now they only need to participate twice (or have a good reason why not) to be eligible.

Also no European/Oceania quota (one went to the host and the other went to the Grand Slam/Olympic medalist quota).

Also for the remaining continental quotas the ranking limit has been increased to 400 (was 300 for 2020).