website statistics
Jump to content

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems


 Share

Recommended Posts

Looks like 1 less tripartite invitation per gender for badminton. Funny enough the qualification document references 34 & 35 initial single quotas, an issue when you copy and paste the previous rules.

 

I also thought sport climbing would split their quotas evenly. In hindsight, it makes sense for the Bouldering/Lead event to have more athletes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Looks like 1 less tripartite invitation per gender for badminton. Funny enough the qualification document references 34 & 35 initial single quotas, an issue when you copy and paste the previous rules.

 

I also thought sport climbing would split their quotas evenly. In hindsight, it makes sense for the Bouldering/Lead event to have more athletes.

Looks like they reduced one tripartie to guarantee 2 per confederation per singles event. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Looks like they reduced one tripartie to guarantee 2 per confederation per singles event. 

They also added a stipulation that you have to be in the top 250 in order to get the singles continental quota, so no "free" quota for the Pacific nations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, phelps said:

c'mon! 12 starters in the Speed Climbing event is a farce! :facepalm:

 

it will be a lot harder to qualify rather than winning a medal...

it's 14 actually. yeah 12 will qualify but I believe France will qualify 1 athlete at least itself (which will annul host nation's direct quota) and there is a good chance they can't find an eligible athlete for the wild card.

 

still it will be really hard to qualify for everybody.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, phelps said:

c'mon! 12 starters in the Speed Climbing event is a farce! :facepalm:

 

it will be a lot harder to qualify rather than winning a medal...

14* entries in speed climbing. The IFSC allocated their quota distribution the way I would have suggested. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you still see Speed Climbing file? I opened both, and then I pressed F5 and they have gone!

 

 

Edit: they took them out, and put again! Let's see if they have changed anything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been a bit caught up with uni work but will make a News article about the new systems when I have the time

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...