website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

34 minutes ago, FancyFenchel said:

Volleyball: are they sure they make OQT in September 2022?! Just two week after World Championship?

Or that should be 2023?

it should be 2023. I also find it confusing and I think the upper part which writes 2023 September should be right.

https://www.iba.sport/news/olympic-qualification-system-confirmed-for-paris-2024/

The Boxing OQS has also been confirmed according to the IBA website, although I can't find a PDF of this anywhere

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

1 hour ago, FancyFenchel said:

Volleyball: are they sure they make OQT in September 2022?! Just two week after World Championship?

Or that should be 2023?

September-October 2022, after the WCh, is when the top 24 teams are selected by ranking. September-October 2023 is for the OQTs, they got it wrong and messed up the timeline in the last page of the document.

19 hours ago, MHSN said:

Did IOC announced they already published some of the qualifications ?

it seems they didn't :d even here in totallympics we probably wouldn't know if it wasn't for @Vic Liu

nice job by IOC, making this a top secret thing :d I assume only few people in the world know about this right now

They did promise it in a press release on April Fools' Day, as it happens:

IOC EB approves Paris 2024 qualification criteria and session schedule and LA28 discipline review - Olympic News (olympics.com)

A few (just MP and Hockey) more documents have been uploaded.  

From the team sports, only Hockey.  

For both genders it'll be:

Host nation

+

5 continental champions (Eurohockey, African and Oceania cups, Asian and Pan American Games)

+

6 quotas from olympic qualifier tournaments (2 tournaments of 8 teams, best 16 ranked not-yet-qualified teams will play them, top 3 in each tournament will qualify).  

Somewhat of an ideological change so far in team sports with bigger pools, round robin system or ranking instead of qualification tournaments where everything is decided in a 1v1, let's see if this trend continues with the remaining sports.