website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

Looks like 1 less tripartite invitation per gender for badminton. Funny enough the qualification document references 34 & 35 initial single quotas, an issue when you copy and paste the previous rules.

I also thought sport climbing would split their quotas evenly. In hindsight, it makes sense for the Bouldering/Lead event to have more athletes.

4 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Looks like 1 less tripartite invitation per gender for badminton. Funny enough the qualification document references 34 & 35 initial single quotas, an issue when you copy and paste the previous rules.

I also thought sport climbing would split their quotas evenly. In hindsight, it makes sense for the Bouldering/Lead event to have more athletes.

Looks like they reduced one tripartie to guarantee 2 per confederation per singles event. 

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Looks like they reduced one tripartie to guarantee 2 per confederation per singles event. 

They also added a stipulation that you have to be in the top 250 in order to get the singles continental quota, so no "free" quota for the Pacific nations.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

c'mon! 12 starters in the Speed Climbing event is a farce! :facepalm:

it will be a lot harder to qualify rather than winning a medal...

it's 14 actually. yeah 12 will qualify but I believe France will qualify 1 athlete at least itself (which will annul host nation's direct quota) and there is a good chance they can't find an eligible athlete for the wild card.

still it will be really hard to qualify for everybody.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

c'mon! 12 starters in the Speed Climbing event is a farce! :facepalm:

it will be a lot harder to qualify rather than winning a medal...

14* entries in speed climbing. The IFSC allocated their quota distribution the way I would have suggested. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Been a bit caught up with uni work but will make a News article about the new systems when I have the time

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold