website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

According to this, "Tripartite Commission Invitation Places" have been officially renamed to "Universality Places".

Love it or hate it?

https://stillmed.olympics.com/media/Documents/News/2021/10/2021-10-08-Qualification-System-Principles-Paris-2024.pdf?_ga=2.129229836.1201290215.1649170497-375143742.1619858130

#banbestmen

There will be fewer events in shooting? I see IOC is moving to blast the old school events for those kids urban events that are supposed to atract the mythical new fans? Fewer weight categories in boxing & weightlifting, some sailing events "merged" for less quotas overall and now shooting also affected?

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

There will be fewer events in shooting? I see IOC is moving to blast the old school events for those kids urban events that are supposed to atract the mythical new fans? Fewer weight categories in boxing & weightlifting, some sailing events "merged" for less quotas overall and now shooting also affected?

no, in shooting the number of event is the same as in Tokyo...

there's only a switch between the Mixed Team Trap and the Mixed Team Skeet (which are going to alternate between themselves, in L.A. will be the Trap again)...

Boxing has less men's weights, but more women's...it's the gender equality obsession...

Weightlifting, instead, has been punished by cutting weight classes and quota places (and there's still a chance it won't even be in Paris at all)...

Sailing...well, it's the youth and urban philosopy...therefore, Kitesurfing is in and we're going to have a single 470 mixed competition instead of the 2 classic men and women's divisions...

they also tried to put on a farce with a off-shore event, but they failed and therefore we'll see "regular" M + W Kite instead of a single mixed event...

Did IOC announced they already published some of the qualifications ?

it seems they didn't :d even here in totallympics we probably wouldn't know if it wasn't for @Vic Liu

nice job by IOC, making this a top secret thing :d I assume only few people in the world know about this right now

37 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Why I have that feeling that ICF will be the last federation to reveal its qualification system ?

I have seen it, for canoe slalom, a country can only enter one boat per gender maximum

(kidding ofc..)