website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

revolutionary changes in Volleyball qualification :yikes:

half the quotas will be awarded based on the world ranking !!!

Zero doubts this system was planned with the sole purpose of preventing a weak south american team from qualifying in either gender :p

19 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Disliking this trend of awarding quotas based on world ranking, it only awards the rich/sponsored athletes/nations who can afford to travel around the world.

I think it partially because some countries continuously quit tournaments due to Covid (especially East Asian)so IOC wants to stop this trend and hope every nation begins to attend all kinds of tournaments as usual in the new cycle.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

I think it partially because some countries continuously quit tournaments due to Covid (especially East Asian)so IOC wants to stop this trend and hope every nation begins to attend all kinds of tournaments as usual in the new cycle.

It'll be interesting to see how things go for East Asia in terms of qualification. I don't see them missing anything important, but they could lose out on borderline qualification, except North Korea which may or may not continue their break from international sports. Of course, if things get better by 2023 then they won't lose much.

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

FIVB just continues to be shamelessly transparent in regards of the beach volleyball. "Continental Cup" as a qualifier makes no sense. Guess who profits from it?

But if it ain't broke...

Yeah, I'm still upset that they essentially prevented :VAN from qualifying because they couldn't find a second competitive team.