website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Champions League 2018 - 2019

Totallympics

Just now, bestmen said:

historically they met only 2 times  in 60's

1 draw 2-2 and 1 win for Ajax by 5-1 

this time the advantage is for Liverpool but Ajax with young players will hope to win after 1995

and Tottenham could win tomorrow who knows , especially Ajax is always worse at home than away :d

I was checking some results and there is funny thing about Barcelona. for some "reasons" they always hosted the second leg in knockout round for so many years but that changed the recent years and they had to play  the 2nd leg away sometimes and since 2011 there is just one time they managed to win the home/away series despite not hosting the 2nd leg ! which was against Bayern in 2015.

so if UEFA still dreams of a Real Madrid - Barcelona final they have to make sure Barcelona always host the 2nd leg. no idea how they can bring this broken Real Madrid team to the final. :d

I really hope Ajax doesn't choke tonight, because if that happens I have to listen to my friend (who is a Premiere League fan) for the rest of my life talking about this year with 2 English teams in UCL final and two other (most probably) in Europa League final :d

Edited by MHSN

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

I was checking some results and there is funny thing about Barcelona. for some "reasons" they always hosted the second leg in knockout round for so many years but that changed the recent years and they had to play  the 2nd leg away sometimes and since 2011 there is just one time they managed to win the home/away series despite not hosting the 2nd leg ! which was against Bayern in 2015.

so if UEFA still dreams of a Real Madrid - Barcelona final they have to make sure Barcelona always host the 2nd leg. no idea how they can bring this broken Real Madrid team to the final. :d

I really hope Ajax doesn't choke tonight, because if that happens I have to listen to my friend (who is a Premiere League fan) for the rest of my life talking about this year with 2 English teams in UCL final and two other (most probably) in Europa League final :d

Plus two teams from the same competition in the final is stupid anyway :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Neres is injured and replaced by Dolberg, Mazraoui is surprisingly starting the match (surprisingly considering he is rather weakened due to a lack of normal eating and drinking, which one would say is rather important for the biggest match of their career).

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

So I guess the Dutch are nowadays finding comfort in Ajax?

Most, some boring people are like "suddenly everyone wants Ajax to win, how stupid" :p