website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

48 minutes ago, Cmon Mary said:

If I read the Qualification document correctly, :GBR could not enter anyone into the European Qualification Tournament, because they managed to get two Men (and two Women) through the Ranking process - I understand and get that.  AIN (aka Russia) only qualified 1 Man through the Ranking/Grand Slam (Larin), so could enter athletes into the Tournament, and as a result have successfully qualified another two Men (and two Women).   So they end up with 3 Men qualified????   :mumble:

:AIN comprises athletes from Russia and Belarus. I could be wrong, but I think that one of the athletes that qualified here - Georgii Gurtsiev - is from :BLR so it would still be within the 2 per NOC rules.

19 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

:AIN comprises athletes from Russia and Belarus. I could be wrong, but I think that one of the athletes that qualified here - Georgii Gurtsiev - is from :BLR so it would still be within the 2 per NOC rules.

Thanks Rafa for this - you are correct.  I was a bit hasty in jumping to conclusions.    

• 2 weeks later...

After yet another Olympic cycle, where we couldn't get an athlete quota in this sport, the reserve plan has been activated.

The first ever woman Olympic medalist for :IRI Kimia Alizadeh is going to get a Bulgarian passport in the coming days. The quota she earned at the European Qualifier as an EOR will be changed to a Bulgarian one and we will have our first ever "official" participation in taekwondo. :d :coffee: