website statistics

Breaking Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, phelps said:

by the way...

3 years away from that sh*t and we already have a thread with 2 pages of posts! :yikes:

and I'm here, too...:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :hairpull:

I just can't believe it happened for real...:rofl:

Although most people are *dreading* the inclusion of this sport at the Olympics, it's kinda a new thing that no one knows exactly how it will work out. So I'm curious too :p

I saw this event in the YOG and even if I don't understand a bit how they do the scores (the same happens to me in artistic swimming or rythmic gymnastics tbh). The russian guy who won gold was amazing. I think this is one of those events you have to watch with an open mind and just enjoy it as an entertainment.

11 minutes ago, NMQ said:

I saw this event in the YOG and even if I don't understand a bit how they do the scores (the same happens to me in artistic swimming or rythmic gymnastics tbh). The russian guy who won gold was amazing. I think this is one of those events you have to watch with an open mind and just enjoy it as an entertainment.

If I'm not mistaken, it's basically a matter of who the judge finds more 'cool', and there aren't really any actual scoring criteria/deductions/etc.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If I'm not mistaken, it's basically a matter of who the judge finds more 'cool', and there aren't really any actual scoring criteria/deductions/etc.

Yes, it's based on metaphysics - body and soul or something like that.