website statistics

Women's Rugby Sevens Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I'm still so mad that Spain lost that freaking match in the European Games, like how can you play SO bad being a core team like... it made no sense. It would have been a easy win at the preolympic should they qualified...

6 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I'd say Samoa are strong favourites BUT I wouldn't under-estimate the Kenyans or Argentinians. Anyone else would be a bit of a shock, but shocks do happen and this looks, like the Challenger series, like a cracking competition. Like Field Hockey, final Olympic Qualifiers can provide a hell of  a spectacle in themselves (last time in field hockey when Canada and Ireland split the last chance saloon finals, ties were extraordinarily tense - other team sports take note!)

I feel you've mistaken this thread for the men's, else I can't see how you would make these calls in all seriousness :d

3 hours ago, MatiReimundo said:

My predictions:

1° to 4° : :POL | :CHN | :CZE | :ARG

5° to 8° : :KEN | :HKG | :PAR | :SAM

9° to 12° : :UGA | :MEX | :PNG | :JAM

Invert Samoa and PNG and we're kinda good. As I said, most of the participating teams will battle each other out in the Challengers, thus creating a coherent draw. Not that it matters in a winner-takes-it-all tournament but that's more fair anyway.

• 1 month later...

First Challenger last week in Dubaï :

:CHN :KEN

:ARG :UGA

:BEL :POL

:THA :CZE

:PNG :HKG

:PAR :MEX 

Difficult tournament for the European teams. Poland seem to struggle a little bit lately. Czech Republic managed to win against Kenya in pool stage but tumbled after that. Belgium, who won't be in Monaco, didn't look dominant and wasted a shot at the SF against Uganda, who overachieved a bit here I'd say.

Kenya didn't make it easy for China but the latter looked the better team overall, though their path to Paris is not written. Argentina is indeed climbing up, I highly fancy their chances in a few months time.

4 hours ago, SalamAkhi said:

First Challenger last week in Dubaï :

:CHN :KEN

:ARG :UGA

:BEL :POL

:THA :CZE

:PNG :HKG

:PAR :MEX 

Difficult tournament for the European teams. Poland seem to struggle a little bit lately. Czech Republic managed to win against Kenya in pool stage but tumbled after that. Belgium, who won't be in Monaco, didn't look dominant and wasted a shot at the SF against Uganda, who overachieved a bit here I'd say.

Kenya didn't make it easy for China but the latter looked the better team overall, though their path to Paris is not written. Argentina is indeed climbing up, I highly fancy their chances in a few months time.

We did beat :PAR and :HKG, but did lost to :ARG in group and then in QF to :CHN by big margin, then :BEL beat us in lucky for them way in 5th place match. Our girls had problems with used to local climate and two our best players didn't played here, one by injury, second by pregnancy. I believe that it will be better for them to be in peak of form in June, when it will matter the most, than now.