website statistics

Women's Football Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 10 months later...
On 6/27/2022 at 6:08 PM, Laraja said:

so : 2 quotas europe 1 north america quotas 2 South America quotas 2 asia 2 africa 1 host country 1 concacaf playoff??

4 hours ago, Benolympique said:

so : 2 quotas europe 1 north america quotas 2 South America quotas 2 asia 2 africa 1 host country 1 concacaf playoff??

And 1 Oceania

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

With the 2022 Women's AFCON starting on Saturday I think there should be an update to the football system. Because the South American and maybe African qualifiers that are still listed as TBC are going to start soon

In brotherhood unfold

16 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

With the 2022 Women's AFCON starting on Saturday I think there should be an update to the football system. Because the South American and maybe African qualifiers that are still listed as TBC are going to start soon

Copa América has already been confirmed as a qualifier

https://copaamerica.com/news/conmebol-copa-america-femenina-2022-otorgara-dos-cupos-directos-para-los-juegos-olimpicos-paris-2024/ in Spanish

I don't know if they are going to change those TBD in the file, so soon.

Hopefully we will see a confirmation as well from the IOC/FIFA of all the continent's systems

In brotherhood unfold

On 6/30/2022 at 10:20 PM, Jose Luis said:

I hope that the women's European championship in July will grant the 2 Olympic places in Europe. Let's see if they confirm it

Usually it was FIFA WWC for the best European nations. Might be the same with Africa this time as well if the Women AFCON won't be held in early 2024 (usually it was November/December).

I seriously dislike using world rankings as qualifying criteria for team sports.

How can a small country like Uruguay or Chile qualify, if Argentina and Brazil get free points by getting invited to several major championships?

In my opinion, all continents (at least four) should get guaranteed spots through either a continental championship or standalone qualifier.

World championships should give not more than four spots.

And one or two extra spots for world repechage, to encourage intercontinental play for smaller teams.