website statistics

Men's Football Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, but even if I think they won't qualify, there are still in play Nations like :INA or :KSA who might do the trick

but I'm sure FIFA and IOC will do some magic and that Asian team in group D will end up being one between :JPN:KOR or :AUS ;)

i hope 

Just now, Benolympique said:

but it will distort the medal ranking if we remove their medals that they will win. as much as they do not participate in these Olympics

no, I don't think so...they will just be out of the list, nobody will notice their absence (knowing that the actual RUS and BLR teams are not participating)

Group D feels like something I'd create in a fantasy game, but never expect to actually happen at the Olympics. I love it :wub:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

with IOC politicizing sports, all teams should be allowed to play whoever they want. they can't play that card of "sports and politics are separated" anymore.

does AFC 1 mean whoever wins the cup ? in this case Iraq (for example) simply won't win the cup. :d they settle for the silver even if they reach the final.

both Japan and Korea were unimpressive during the qualifiers, Iraq and KSA too but I assume they will bring a better squad for the main tournament. Uzbekistan on the other hand had a good team, they completely dominated our super shitty U23 team and could win the match 5-0 or something (the match ended 1-0 and Iran still missed the cup because of having more yellow cards :facepalm:) but we know Uzbeks always find a way to choke in important matches. so I won't bet on them while I still think they have the best current U23 team in Asia

won't be cheering for Australia:d. they could beat Tajikistan by as many goal as they wanted but somehow (maybe intentionally) settled for a draw which resulted in eliminating us. (not really blaming them, the format sucks)

Edited by MHSN

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

with IOC politicizing sports, all teams should be allowed to play whoever they want. they can't play that card of "sports and politics are separated" anymore.

is AFC 1 means whoever wins the cup ? in this case Iraq (for example) simply won't win the cup. :d they settle for the silver even if they reach the final.

both Japan and Korea were unimpressive during the qualifiers, Iraq and KSA too but I assume they will bring a better squad for the main tournament. Uzbekistan on the other hand had a good team, they completely dominated our super shitty U23 team and could win the match 5-0 or something (the match ended 1-0 and Iran still missed the cup because of having more yellow cards :facepalm:) but we know Uzbeks always find a way to choke in important matches. so I won't bet on them while I still think they have the best current U23 team in Asia

won't be cheering of Australia. they could beat Tajikistan by as many goal as they wanted but somehow (maybe intentionally) settled for a draw which resulted in eliminating us. (not really blaming them, the format sucks)

yes, AFC 1, 2, 3 should mean the final position at the upcoming U-23 Asian Cup (but FIFA didn't actually said that in official way, so they can still manipulate the outcome as they want ;))

Edited by phelps

• 3 weeks later...