website statistics

Taekwondo WT World Grand Prix 2018

Totallympics

Finally a GP gold medal after 2 years ! :clap: very good day for Hadipour. he was really fun to watch the whole day and he was great in the final giving the Korean 3 or 4 head kick who was much taller than him ! he lost few times to this guy Kim Tae-hoon. if I'm not wrong this was his first win against him.

I think this is the end for Iran as we have no competitor tomorrow. 3 medals for 5 athletes. 1 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze. not bad. Ashourzadeh was a bit disappointing lost to Spain in last few seconds but I think Hadipour is now our guy in this weight. Ashourzadeh used to be fantastic he is now just average.

PS: at least in this case there is a space between Hadipour and the 2nd part of his name :d still he is just Hadipour. not Hadipour Seighalani !

Edited by MHSN

today's action (luckily we have a lot more variety than yesterday :lol:)...

Women's -57kg, Semifinals
:GBR Jade Jones vs :CAN Skylar Park
:CHN Zhou Lijun vs :BEL Raheleh Asemani

Men's -80kg, Semifinals
:GBR Damon Sansum vs :EGY Seif Eissa
:UZB Nikita Rafalovich vs :ESP Raul Martinez Garcia

fun facts...earlier today, in the women's round of 16 we did have the Tarvese sisters' derby (Jolanta vs Inese, who won it), meanwhile in the men's round of 16 we did have the Rafalovich brothers' derby (Nikita won over Maksim)...:lol:

Edited by phelps

On 10/19/2018 at 21:58, phelps said:

easy 15-9 win for :GBR Lauren Williams against her Croatian opponent...just another day at the office for her...

Women's -67kg

Gold: :GBR Lauren Williams

Silver: :CRO Matea Jelic

Bronze: :MEX Victoria Tamez & :TUR Nur Tatar Askari

Williams comes from the town of Caerphilly.

If you've ever been to Caerphilly on a Friday night you know that the town producing women who are really good at kicking you in the face is  really not surprising...