website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Replay Videos

6 minutes ago, Brenden Reece said:

They shouldn't be having issues in the 1st place, they have the money to afford extra storage, hopefully they have enough for the beijing 2022 replays

I wont compare IOC with YouTube, but if YT can afford storage for millions of videos, IOC can do the same for every Games, which have exact number of events and time duration.

Beijing 22 shouldnt be a problem, i expect full videos very soon after Games finish.

1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

I wont compare IOC with YouTube, but if YT can afford storage for millions of videos, IOC can do the same for every Games, which have exact number of events and time duration.

Beijing 22 shouldnt be a problem, i expect full videos very soon after Games finish.

The issue with YouTube is that they have ridiculous copyright laws, since I live in Australia, I cannot view some events from the 2020 paralympics especially some of the road races cause YouTube blocked them over some copyright claims, I shouldn’t have to use VPN but I unfortunately need to if I want to watch them 

it doesn’t matter what you post on the platform there will always be some copyright claim being made 

• 1 month later...

So I just went through other replays from other Olympics and they all seem to work fine it’s just some of the Tokyo 2020 videos that are having problems, I hope the IOC is aware of it and is looking to get it fixed as soon as possible

Update: its all fixed, The IOC sent me an email saying the error was due to maintenance 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 5:59 AM, freds77 said:

The problem is resolve :)

This has been happening a lot and again today some videos don’t work I don’t know why it’s always Tokyo 2020 videos and replays from other Olympics are not affected I tried to watch one of the volleyball matches from Tokyo and I keep getting this message, they seriously need to repair their apps cause it is an absolute mess, one day they work and the next day they refuse to run it is absolutely irritating 😠 

honestly they should have just uploaded them all onto YouTube so we wouldn’t have to go through this problem over and over again, it’s embarrassing that they can’t even handle their own mess

2DFB22C9-E38C-498A-A760-8C1D6C1C15F1.jpeg