website statistics

How the Medals would have been awarded had Russia remained banned.

These are daily medals per country had Russia remained Banned as WADA wanted. 

Day 1

Switzerland - +1 Silver

Norway + 1 Bronze (Additional Medal)

Argentina + 1 Bronze (Additional Medal)  

Day 2

Bulgaria + 1 Gold

China  + 1 Silver 

Ukraine + 1 Bronze (Additional Medal) 

Germany + 1 Silver 

Belarus + 1 Bronze (Additional Medal)

Italy + 1 Silver (Additional Medal) 

South Korea + 1 Bronze (Additional Medal) 

Refugee + 1 Silver (Additional Medal) 

Day 3

France + 1 Gold 

Hungary + 1 Silver (Additional Medal) 

Either China or USA + 1 Bronze (Additional Medal) - China also +1 Silver 

Japan + 1 Gold

GB + 1 Bronze (Additional Medal) 

Jordan + 1 Gold

Egypt + 1 Silver 

Norway + 1 Bronze (Additional Medal)

Mexico + 1 Bronze (Additional Medal) 

3 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

How do you do this for sports with a knock out format, everyone eliminated by a Russian would have had a shot at gold.

I am just doing it by the last person eliminated by a Russian and moving medals up accordingly. It’s not obviously that accurate but it shows it’s impact of the CAS ruling. 

58 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Only 17 more months of this nonsense. And I bet the Russians count these medals to their totals anyway. In 100 years time ROC medals will be added to the Russian tally and nobody will give a damn about the current political situation.

Of course they are counted, just like the SU ones are counted. You can not rewrite history. This is only a beaurocrasy writing without much value.

I don't want to derail this thread in a non sporting direction but while I do think Russia would have deserved a one Olympics total ban, the Moscow regime would interpret this as "the West" wanting to punish them for (insert reason X) and retaliate against the supposed "authors" of the ban on areas other than sport.

So they would consider this as one of the sanctions against Russia post-2014.

I assume the EU countries would have been targeted the most with even more of their time honored active measures and other assorted subversive activities.

Considering all this I am not sure if it would be worth it. 

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Of course they are counted, just like the SU ones are counted. You can not rewrite history. This is only a beaurocrasy writing without much value.

GDR medals should count for Germany?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, pdr4332 said:

I don't want to derail this thread in a non sporting direction but while I do think Russia would have deserved a one Olympics total ban, the Moscow regime would interpret this as "the West" wanting to punish them for (insert reason X) and retaliate against the supposed "authors" of the ban on areas other than sport.

So they would consider this as one of the sanctions against Russia post-2014.

I assume the EU countries would have been targeted the most with even more of their time honored active measures and other assorted subversive activities.

Considering all this I am not sure if it would be worth it. 

The IOC biggest nightmare is China and Russia setting up a anti American games and pulling entirely out of the Olympics.