website statistics

Your Tokyo 2020 Schedule

26 minutes ago, hckošice said:

People who know me are always amazed, how I can keep watching the whole nights and half days for two weeks, well, my answer is always the same, If you are an Olympic fanatic like me, nothing is more easy than staying excited and focused the 2 weeks. The problem is rather that it is ONLY 2 weeks :d

And people seem to think that watching all night and half day means you don't sleep, but if you don't have obligations like work and such, you'll still be perfectly able to sleep the same amount of time as always :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I take three weeks off for the olympic games since I work so I begin in 2010 for Vancouver, before I was student so that was easy to watch the more that I can. For this games it will be nearly 2am to nearly 5pm all day, and it will be a great pleasure.

Since London we are able to watch all the events so right now my work is counting how much event will take place at the same moment and having the right number of screen set up. In Rio and Pyeongchang we can have 4 events by windows with a split screen. I hope this is the same this year like this I can watch the more olympic action to feed me to next one.

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And people seem to think that watching all night and half day means you don't sleep, but if you don't have obligations like work and such, you'll still be perfectly able to sleep the same amount of time as always :d 

How many times I have to repeat you that I have a good doc :d

I've taken the first week off meaning that I'll be nocturnal 25th-1st (I'll be at a wedding on the 23rd. Guess I won't be able to catch everything on day one). Then I have to make it work out in the last week. However I still don't have a job meaning I'll be at home. Guess I can get some time for the Olympics there as well but won't be able to go full time Olympics fan :(

I am glad there are many other hardcore olympic fanatics like me

In my case, with the Olympics I always try to accomodate my vacations to watch the Summer Olympics, I did that for Athens, Beijing and the second week of London 2012

Since 2013 I have been in a different situation where my actual working conditions give me the benefit of having at my own pace/time as far as I met the deadlines and add that given I live in Pacific Time Zone the schedule for Rio was totally friendly (just had to wake up around 5:00 AM) for Sochi I had the chance to watch the sports I follow almost live during early morning and for Pyeongchang the sports started around 5:00 PM and ran until 6:00 AM, but I only watched for 5:00 PM to midnight, went to sleep and later during the day catch up with whatever happened while I was sleeping.

I am benefited of living in the north american border with USA so I get NBC and of course the arranged schedule they always get for prime coverage

This will apply for the Tokyo, Beijing games.

For me, the Olympics in Tokyo will run from 5:00 PM again until 6:00 AM next day. So basically I will have almost the same experience like in 2018 even though many more sports to follow. But I decided to watch the main sports I follow and those were mexican athletes have options and wont watch or try to remain with no spoilers for many sports that I will try to catch up AFTER the games are over.

Last time during Rio trying to watch every sport for the medal decisive matches/moments was waaaaaaay too much and I ended exhausted! So this time I will probably download the sessions of sports like wrestling, karate, team sports, rhythmic gymnastics, artistic swimming, judo and will watch them days after the games are over so I can cope with the olympic withdrawals.

In the Eastern US, I'll be living the nocturnal life, with things starting at about 7-8 PM and going to 9:00AM the next morning, and then try sleeping from about 930AM to  600PM  I already have the 2 weeks off from work,  To try and adjust quickly, I'll get up at about 5-6AM on July 23, then trying to take a long nap in the afternoon, following the Opening Ceremony. 

26 minutes ago, Braulio said:

I am glad there are many other hardcore olympic fanatics like me

In my case, with the Olympics I always try to accomodate my vacations to watch the Summer Olympics, I did that for Athens, Beijing and the second week of London 2012

Since 2013 I have been in a different situation where my actual working conditions give me the benefit of having at my own pace/time as far as I met the deadlines and add that given I live in Pacific Time Zone the schedule for Rio was totally friendly (just had to wake up around 5:00 AM) for Sochi I had the chance to watch the sports I follow almost live during early morning and for Pyeongchang the sports started around 5:00 PM and ran until 6:00 AM, but I only watched for 5:00 PM to midnight, went to sleep and later during the day catch up with whatever happened while I was sleeping.

I am benefited of living in the north american border with USA so I get NBC and of course the arranged schedule they always get for prime coverage

This will apply for the Tokyo, Beijing games.

For me, the Olympics in Tokyo will run from 5:00 PM again until 6:00 AM next day. So basically I will have almost the same experience like in 2018 even though many more sports to follow. But I decided to watch the main sports I follow and those were mexican athletes have options and wont watch or try to remain with no spoilers for many sports that I will try to catch up AFTER the games are over.

Last time during Rio trying to watch every sport for the medal decisive matches/moments was waaaaaaay too much and I ended exhausted! So this time I will probably download the sessions of sports like wrestling, karate, team sports, rhythmic gymnastics, artistic swimming, judo and will watch them days after the games are over so I can cope with the olympic withdrawals.

you're from TJ?

2 minutes ago, Triplecast said:

In the Eastern US, I'll be living the nocturnal life, with things starting at about 7-8 PM and going to 9:00AM the next morning, and then try sleeping from about 930AM to  600PM  I already have the 2 weeks off from work,  To try and adjust quickly, I'll get up at about 5-6AM on July 23, then trying to take a long nap in the afternoon, following the Opening Ceremony. 

I am scared about the first 5 days, i'm in mexico for a vacation, so i'll try to VPN to connect to my nbcolympics account, and just catch up when i'm back, essentailly since those streams will stay up until at least january 1st there is plenty of time to catch up on stuff

55 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

you're from TJ?

Yes, TJ

Remember that while you are in Mexico, your time zone is for Central Time, so the sporting action will begin around 7 PM with swimming finals around 8:30 PM

1 hour ago, Braulio said:

Yes, TJ

Remember that while you are in Mexico, your time zone is for Central Time, so the sporting action will begin around 7 PM with swimming finals around 8:30 PM

Yea I know.    You're in pacific timezone too, no?