website statistics

Your Tokyo 2020 Schedule

I just can't stop re-watching the Italian commentators' reactions in the last laps of the men's team pursuit on eurosport player...

they always make me cry because of the win, but also because how crazy they went...they almost destroyed the commentary box...:lol:

32 minutes ago, phelps said:

I just can't stop re-watching the Italian commentators' reactions in the last laps of the men's team pursuit on eurosport player...

they always make me cry because of the win, but also because how crazy they went...they almost destroyed the commentary box...:lol:

I am not surprised about that, I think that was the most intense, entertaining final of the Olympic Games even for neutrals. 

22 hours ago, El Greco 21 said:

As always I am a bit nostalgic every final day of each Games, and therefor I try to watch as much of the games as possible and then I rest. I hate watching replays after the closing ceremony, I need  to have at least one year off before I watch them again.

Anyway, I am really happy to see that the very ultimate game of the whole competition is the Water Polo men's final between Greece and Serbia (which is the only final of men for team sports in the last day).

So the whole planet (at least those feeling the same nostalgic like me, trying to live every moment of the Games till the end) will tune in to watch Greece playing the most important game of our history in water polo. That's pretty good feeling! Go Greece!

I agree, usually we don't have any events the last two days of the Olympics or we only have events with no chances of medals, so this was cool. Had our team lost in the quarterfinals like they usually do, we would not have had any events the last two days at all.

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

I agree, usually we don't have any events the last two days of the Olympics or we only have events with no chances of medals, so this was cool. Had our team lost in the quarterfinals like they usually do, we would not have had any events the last two days at all.

I think with the exception of the 2004 Olympics that never happened. Only when there were Marathon runners, but they also didn't had any real medal chance

15 minutes ago, El Greco 21 said:

I think with the exception of the 2004 Olympics that never happened. Only when there were Marathon runners, but they also didn't had any real medal chance

I think I remember in 2008 Nikolaidis won a silver on the last Saturday of the Olympics? And sometimes we had the rhythmic group on the last Saturday as well, but yeah other than that I think just marathon runners with no chance of medals.

I think in 2012 we had Lebesis in the men's javelin final on the last Saturday of the Olympics if I remember correctly, and Periklis Ilias in the men's cross country cycling race which was on the last day of the Olympics. But again, not people with big chances for medals or anything.

11 hours ago, Makedonas said:

I think I remember in 2008 Nikolaidis won a silver on the last Saturday of the Olympics? And sometimes we had the rhythmic group on the last Saturday as well, but yeah other than that I think just marathon runners with no chance of medals.

I think in 2012 we had Lebesis in the men's javelin final on the last Saturday of the Olympics if I remember correctly, and Periklis Ilias in the men's cross country cycling race which was on the last day of the Olympics. But again, not people with big chances for medals or anything.

Yes, you are right about Nikolaidis. It is a matter of schedule. The only sure thing that happens in the last days every time is team sports, and that's why usually we don't have medal chances