website statistics

Your Tokyo 2020 Schedule

and sadly (or finally ?) we made it to the very Last 16th day of the Tokyo 2020 (+1) Olympics, Last sleepless night awaiting

Day 16 (Sunday 8th August, 2021)

00:00 Athletics: M Marathon  Final

03:00 Track Cycling:  Last Day Session. W Sprint, M Keirin, W Omnium  Final

05:50 Rhythmic Gymnastics:  W Group All-Around  Final   (Replay of 2nd Rotation)

07:00 Boxing: W Light, M Light, W Middle, M Super Heavy,  Finals

08:30 Handball: W ROC - FRA , Final 

09:30 Water Polo: M GRE - SRB , Final

10:40 Water Polo: M HUN - ESP , Bronze (Replay)

11:30 Volleyball: W BRA - USA , Final  (Replay)

13:00 Closing Ceremony

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

and sadly (or finally ?) we made it to the very Last 16th day of the Tokyo 2020 (+1) Olympics, Last sleepless night awaiting

Day 16 (Sunday 8th August, 2021)

00:00 Athletics: M Marathon  Final

03:00 Track Cycling:  Last Day Session. W Sprint, M Keirin, W Omnium  Final

05:50 Rhythmic Gymnastics:  W Group All-Around  Final   (Replay of 2nd Rotation)

07:00 Boxing: W Light, M Light, W Middle, M Super Heavy,  Finals

08:30 Handball: W ROC - FRA , Final 

09:30 Water Polo: M GRE - SRB , Final

10:40 Water Polo: M HUN - ESP , Bronze (Replay)

11:30 Volleyball: W BRA - USA , Final  (Replay)

13:00 Closing Ceremony

Interesting to have track cycling on the last day this time, let alone three events.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

19 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Interesting to have track cycling on the last day this time, let alone three events.

they should have a few more individual events in the last 2/3 days...otherwise it's always only athletics, a few boxing finals and team sports...

I think every edition of the games should have something different from each other in the display of the schedule (for instance, this time I really appreciated to have karate and track cycling in the second week and taekwondo at the beginning...I hope in Paris they would change something once again -even considering that we're gonna have the useless breakdance, which could esily be in the middle weekend...who cares? :raspberry: and no karate...with weightlifting also shortened to 5+5 events only)...

It's like having daily meals...I just can't stand the same thing every single day...I like some kind of variety, one day it's pasta, the following it's rice...one day it's meat, the following it's fish (and possibly with different recipes from time to time, too)...:d

by the way, I'm in the middle of my "Olympic depression" phase...and it's reaching unexpected levels, despite having mixed feelings about the Tokyo Games and not a full 100% genuine enthusiasm like in the past (for may reasons, some of them I already explained before the Olympics started in another thread)...:cry:

luckily, MLB season is well underway and hockey is just around the corner (a couple of weeks and we're there)...:lol:

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

they should have a few more individual events in the last 2/3 days...otherwise it's always only athletics, a few boxing finals and team sports...

I think every edition of the games should have something different from each other in the display of the schedule (for instance, this time I really appreciated to have karate and track cycling in the second week and taekwondo at the beginning...I hope in Paris they would change something once again -even considering that we're gonna have the useless breakdance, which could esily be in the middle weekend...who cares? :raspberry: and no karate...with weightlifting also shortened to 5+5 events only)...

It's like having daily meals...I just can't stand the same thing every single day...I like some kind of variety, one day it's pasta, the following it's rice...one day it's meat, the following it's fish (and possibly with different recipes from time to time, too)...:d

by the way, I'm in the middle of my "Olympic depression" phase...and it's reaching unexpected levels, despite having mixed feelings about the Tokyo Games and not a full 100% genuine enthusiasm like in the past (for may reasons, some of them I already explained before the Olympics started in another thread)...:cry:

luckily, MLB season is well underway and hockey is just around the corner (a couple of weeks and we're there)...:lol:

I agree. It's just the last day that can't have many events because of the closing ceremony.

I think they should have tennis on the last days. This time it was all racket sports at the same time and I give table tennis my priority. Tennis, albeit many top players miss the tournament, should be a highlight at the end of the games. :d 

I also know how you feel, this is my first Summer Games without my grandma and in 2016, my mum passed away a month before Rio.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

It's like having daily meals...I just can't stand the same thing every single day...I like some kind of variety, one day it's pasta, the following it's rice...one day it's meat, the following it's fish (and possibly with different recipes from time to time, too)...:de

The schedule in the bid book had badminton in the 2nd week, I believe. Would be new if they keep it that way.

As always I am a bit nostalgic every final day of each Games, and therefor I try to watch as much of the games as possible and then I rest. I hate watching replays after the closing ceremony, I need  to have at least one year off before I watch them again.

Anyway, I am really happy to see that the very ultimate game of the whole competition is the Water Polo men's final between Greece and Serbia (which is the only final of men for team sports in the last day).

So the whole planet (at least those feeling the same nostalgic like me, trying to live every moment of the Games till the end) will tune in to watch Greece playing the most important game of our history in water polo. That's pretty good feeling! Go Greece!

I've watched a ridiculous (unhealthy) amount of the Olympics, and I'm probably glad to see the back of it for a bit (until the Paralympics start) :d

Because nothing else is on and I'm a student and uni is off, I could pretty much watch the whole thing without interruption, the only exception was on Day 9 when I had to go out and missed the Afternoon session. In reality there was no reason to get up to watch Women's Softball on Day -2 and there was no reason to get up early for sports I didn't care about it, but I had to because it's the Olympics :d. I realised a few days before the end I could start sleeping through the morning session and pretty much miss nothing.

So I only missed watching two British gold medals live - Max Whitlock in the Gymnastics cause I was out and Galal Yafai in boxing which I slept through, which is ridiculous no-lifery. Sleeping from 5pm to 12am was a new experience, hopefully Paris will be a bit different.

Every Olympics before this I've told myself I'm going to watch as much as possible, then for some reason or other stop caring as much after about a week, this time I've actually done it, and now I'm just sad it's over with nothing I really care about on

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

I think I have never been as tired by the end of Games before, it's most likely because I had to wake up around 1am for almost 3 weeks and I am not as young as I was during Bejing 2008, so I am a bit glad that it's over and I can go back to my normal sleep cycle. Thank God that I don't have to do this again until 2032, there's no way that I will wake up in the middle of the night so many times during Beijing 2022. I am also a bit less sad than usual because the next Summer Games is only 3 years away and it's finally going to be in my time zone for the first time since 2004, my only little worry is that Tokyo was the last great SOG for Hungary and the next Olympic cycle will start a downward trajectory. But I had the same feeling after Rio and we did well in Tokyo, so who knows, maybe we can keep going like this, with hopefully some improvements (I am looking at you, Hungarian athletics). 

3 hours ago, Vektor said:

I think I have never been as tired by the end of Games before, it's most likely because I had to wake up around 1am for almost 3 weeks and I am not as young as I was during Bejing 2008, so I am a bit glad that it's over and I can go back to my normal sleep cycle. Thank God that I don't have to do this again until 2032, there's no way that I will wake up in the middle of the night so many times during Beijing 2022. I am also a bit less sad than usual because the next Summer Games is only 3 years away and it's finally going to be in my time zone for the first time since 2004, my only little worry is that Tokyo was the last great SOG for Hungary and the next Olympic cycle will start a downward trajectory. But I had the same feeling after Rio and we did well in Tokyo, so who knows, maybe we can keep going like this, with hopefully some improvements (I am looking at you, Hungarian athletics). 

Greece isn't in the continental time zone either. They are ahead of us 1 hour like Romania, Finland etc. But it did not matter like I'd did not matter with the -1 hour difference in London. It was one of the many factors why for me London was the greatest Olympics of the XXI century

1 minute ago, pdr4332 said:

Greece isn't in the continental time zone either. They are ahead of us 1 hour like Romania, Finland etc. But it did not matter like I'd did not matter with the -1 hour difference in London. It was one of the many factors why for me London was the greatest Olympics of the XXI century

Oh right, I always forget that Greece isn't in our time zone. I guess this means that Paris2024 is the first SOG in CET since 1992.