website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Medal Count

In the end, it was Day 3 that has cost :CHN China the top spot with losses in diving, table tennis and weightlifting (which also prevented sweeps in all of those sports). 

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

:HUN backs to 20 total medals since 1996

6 gold is fine, I had predicted 8 but  7 is what I really expected (one more gold from Hosszú/Men's Finn/Siklósi in Epee/Men's Team Sabre/W K2-500/Open Water), so a little bit disappointing.

I've to say, I think we had a good team this year, far better than Rio. These are 20 clean medals without overperformances, without surprise medals and with 14 (!!!) 4th places. 

2 golds and 2 bronze for Ireland, I am over the moon with that. I hoped for 4-5 medals and one gold so definitely met my wish. And we left a few medals out there too which bodes well too since we definitely didn’t have a perfect Games. Buzzing to follow the Road to Tokyo Paris now :cheer:

24 minutes ago, Quasit said:

In the end, it was Day 3 that has cost :CHN China the top spot with losses in diving, table tennis and weightlifting (which also prevented sweeps in all of those sports). 

I don't think China have ever had a clean sweep in diving. They always fail to win 1-2 of the events.

We lost the gold medal race 38-39 on the last day. A little bit sad but still quite excited when you engaged in this full process. It's an almost perfect OG for us with 38 golds and 88 medals with some breakthrough and some unexpected losses. But it's the beauty of sport and Olympics. Start to looking forward to Paris 2024 now.:cheer: