website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Medal Count

58 minutes ago, Quasit said:

In all my observations I failed to notice that the Tokyo games were the best for :BUL Bulgaria since Sydney 2000. 

Well done. :d 

People have said that here as well, but i personally still consider Athens to be better. Sure we got one less Gold then, but we still had double the medals than in Tokyo :d 

On 09/08/2021 at 13:02, De_Gambassi said:

I was looking at other nations numbers and Germany seems to have the exact same problem than us witch very similar numbers. Since 2012, on average, they have 'lost' 6 medals and 2.8 golds each winter and summer olympics vs the last world championships (-5.6 and -2.4 for France)

Now, we understand why @OlympicsFanis constantly angry.

I believe/hope you are trolling, but in case you aren‘t i will try to clarify the things you are having trouble with understanding:

I am not angry about Germany not winning more medals, It only makes me sad to see people cheering for obviously doped athletes (who are coincidentally from the same nation as them). I have lost all illusions about sport and I certainly am not biased towards German athletes (you can go back and read what I wrote after the German women set a new world record in the team pursuit). I realized that people who follow sports at this level support doping and I will try not to watch any sports at this level anymore. It has become impossible for me to enjoy any performances, because I can’t stand the injustice anymore, regardless of the nationality of the winner. When you look at the medal table, you realize that mostly countries with very nationalistic populations (USA, China, Russia, GB, Hungary) are doing well and I don’t believe that this is a good thing. Sport in this form is used to divide people of different nationalities/unite against people of other nationalities and I don’t believe that this is a good thing. We saw this as well at the football European championships. Personally I believe that the concept of nationalities/nations should be abandoned and obviously this would also mean getting rid of competitions between nations.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Personally I believe that the concept of nationalities/nations should be abandoned and obviously this would also mean getting rid of competitions between nations.

Olympics are intrinsically about nationality since ancient times. It's always been about nations competing so they don't do real war.

Without nationalities the concept of olympics loses it's purpose. Maybe it'll be for the better, but it won't be the olympics anymore and we should therefore close this website.

12 hours ago, LDOG said:

Olympics are intrinsically about nationality since ancient times. It's always been about nations competing so they don't do real war.

Without nationalities the concept of olympics loses it's purpose. Maybe it'll be for the better, but it won't be the olympics anymore and we should therefore close this website.

Yes, i realize that competitions between nations are something like a substitute for war. If there would be no nations, then we could still have competitions like the olympics (or Eurovision), but as a competition between individual athletes and then it wouldn't be about finding out which nation is the "best", but about finding out what humans are capable of. Totallympics could obviously still exist, but we would talk about performances regardless of nationality (and in this Utopia/Dysopia (depends who you are asking) we would all speak the same language ... so i guess not too much would change). Obviously this will never happen, since nationality (just like ethnicity/gender/politics/sexuality/social status/religion) is a wonderful way to divide people and keep them from realizing what their real problems are and how they could actually improve their life/society.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 3 weeks later...

:hearts: The definitive olympics dick-o-meter has been found. It's called the "impressiveness-o-meter" and I love it :hearts:

Short story: basic medals table sucks, per capita table sucks, this does not. Long story here (actually not that long, don't worry) :

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 2:10 AM, De_Gambassi said:

:hearts: The definitive olympics dick-o-meter has been found. It's called the "impressiveness-o-meter" and I love it :hearts:

Short story: basic medals table sucks, per capita table sucks, this does not. Long story here (actually not that long, don't worry) :

So usa or China have basically no chance to be number 1.   We can't win thousand medals