website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Medal Count

22 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Now that it's very likely decided, unless China pulls off that gold in boxing while the US doesn't win anything else, I must say, I am not sure if China will get another opportunity like this in the near future. I doubt that the US will have another messy SOG like Tokyo so close to LA2028. This was China's chance, they have blown it by losing gold medals in diving, badminton, table tennis and weightlifting (obviously the US lost a lot more gold medals where they were the favorites, but that just shows that they still stronger than China at the Summer Games, they can afford to lose more and still win in the end)

Its curious but im thinking just the opposite in this days, if USA doesnt do something, in the OG China will defeat them in Paris 2024, not of course in LA 2028.

6 minutes ago, konig said:

Its curious but im thinking just the opposite in this days, if USA doesnt do something, in the OG China will defeat them in Paris 2024, not of course in LA 2028.

I just feel like a lot has to go wrong for the US, but we will see what happens at the WChs in the next two years. 

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

I just feel like a lot has to go wrong for the US, but we will see what happens at the WChs in the next two years. 

by the way, are you satisfied with your country performance in the medal count?

4 minutes ago, konig said:

by the way, are you satisfied with your country performance in the medal count?

Absolutely, we did really well. The 8 gold medals of the previous two Games were impossible to repeat, I feel like those two Games were a bit of a fluke for us, 5-6 gold medals are the realistic target for Hungary in the 21st century. In term of total medals this is our best Games since 1996. 

19 minutes ago, konig said:

I'm not so sure. This OG was in China's own backyard and they were always going to raise their game for Tokyo. I'm not convinced that they'll be quite so driven in 2024.

2 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

I'm not so sure. This OG was in China's own backyard and they were always going to raise their game for Tokyo. I'm not convinced that they'll be quite so driven in 2024.

Impresive the british performance in the medal count, with good chances to defeat Russia, alias ROC.